Ripping Speed?

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

josephahern

Ripping Speed?

Post by josephahern »

I just downloaded and installed cd+g burner. My other programs rip files (with graphics and everything) at a decent speed. This program is taking up to 17 minutes per track. I assume it's due to the settings. Any suggestions?
adam

Post by adam »

What ripping speed do you have set on the Rip tab? Also, what is the name of the CD/DVD drive you are using?
josephahern

Ripping Speed set to Max

Post by josephahern »

I have a little more information to provide.

I bought two new drives, a samsung and a plextor 800a. I bought them before trying out cd+g-burner. Both do a slow job on the first disk that I tried. (In Mic_____ and CDG+R______ they are not slow)

However, on another disc, the ripping seems to proceed at the usual speed (By usual, I mean what the other programs do)

Could it be that cd+g burner is more "careful" on some discs than others. The second disc I tried was pristine while the first was, let's say "aged"
adam

Post by adam »

Please try to adjust the ripping speed. In some cases the slower speed may allow to rip faster, since less errors are made, and the drive does not have to re-read the missed parts.
josephahern

No good

Post by josephahern »

Lowering reading spead doesn't seem to do the trick. Do I maybe have a defective file?
adam

Post by adam »

It is possible.