problem with differences in volume of karaoke tracks etc.

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

jricks

problem with differences in volume of karaoke tracks etc.

Post by jricks »

Hi, I'm using Siglos Karaoke Professional. The karaoke tracks have different volumes and some come out much louder than others which means constant tweaking of volume desk during performances, also I find it impossible to use the fill-in playlist as this comes out a massively louder volume than any of the karaoke tracks. Is there any way to regulate the output sound so this doesn't happen? Thanks.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

When the songs on the fill-in playlist is playing just adjust the volume level. When the volume is adjusted during this time, it is only for the fill-in playlist. When you adjust the volume when the karaoke songs are playing, it does not change the fill-in playlist volume. They are independent of each other.
jricks

Post by jricks »

Thanks but it's not that simple! the fill in playlist comes in really quickly and volume difference is astonishing - I'd deafen half the crowd if I'm even a split second slow. Also the volume difference is not just between karaoke and fill in playlist, it's also between individual karaoke tracks as well. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks
adam

Post by adam »

Try to adjust the volume of fill-ins using the headphones. Regarding the volume of indivdual karaoke tracks, it is the result of the fact that the different recordings come from different albums, and as such were produced differently. You may try to normalize the audio tracks using audio editing software, for example Audacity, but it would require a lot of work and some expertise.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

When you first start the Karaoke Pro program, make sure the fill-in playlist is empty. Adjust the volume slider to about 8-10%. Load a saved playlist and adjust the volume to the level you want it at. Now add a karaoke singer and play his/her song and adjust the volume to level you want it at. When the karaoke song is done, the fill-in playlist will start playing at the volume level that you set earlier. Just keep adding more singers and the volume level for the fill-in playlist will not change, unless you change it. The fill-in playlist should not get any louder unless you adjust it
braendstrup

Post by braendstrup »

Find and download "MP3Gain". It's free.
This program can normalize all of your songs
to an absolute level that you choose.
It will NOT recode the music file, but only
write level info data at the start of the
music file.

Just let it work overnight, and you'll be a
happy KJ ever after.

/Braendstrup.
braendstrup

Post by braendstrup »

[quote="braendstrup"]Find and download "MP3Gain". It's free.
This program can normalize all of your songs
to an absolute level that you choose.
It will NOT recode the music file, but only
write level info data at the start of the
music file.

Just let it work overnight, and you'll be a
happy KJ ever after.

/Braendstrup.[/quote]

Well, I'd better elaborate on this to make it easy for you.

0. Make a back-up of your song library.
1. Find a song that has a loudness level that suits you
and your setup.
2. Run a gain analysis on this song in MP3Gain. You will be
able to see the level in dB. That will/should/might be your
preferred level from now on (I use default 89dB).
3. Click Options -> add subfolders
4. Click Add folders. Choose the root of your song library.
5. Click button "Track Analysis". This will take some time.
6. Look through the list for anomalies/funnies/errors.
Take your time. Don't rush this.
7. Click button "Track Gain". This will take some time.
8. Done.
9. Apply this level to all new songs that you add to your library.

Happy leveling!

Post by Guest »

Hi there.
Just spotted this thread as a first time viewer.

Download a freeware program called MP3 Gain.

Select your Karaoke files folder and import it into MP3 Gain.

Select a "Normailzed" level (I use 97dB) and fire it up.

This will set the level of every MP3 file in your folder to the same.

No more volume twiddling.

Sandy
P.S. if you get a "clipping" message display, ignore it, as I certainly haven't had an issue with any track.

P.P.S. you MUST have your files in MP3 format for this program to work.
Demodave

Post by Demodave »

Another way to level out everything is with a software-based audio processor. Download the demo for Breakaway. I use the Personal version. I am a bit of an audio nerd and hate heavy compression. I use the reference preset which does a great job of leveling out the karaoke tracks in Sig Pro without destroying the sound. Although, there are presets that are much more aggressive if you desire. I have purchased two licenses and heartily recommend it.

http://www.claessonedwards.com/index.php

And from their forum, here is an interesting thread from the creator of the Breakaway software... He put together a karaoke jukebox that is all computer based. He also explains how he used Breakaway for the audio processing.

http://www.claessonedwards.com/forum/vi ... ?f=5&t=561
Carbon-Cowboy

MP3 Gain

Post by Carbon-Cowboy »

I have just found and installed this program myself and it works wonders for the mp3 files. I have not tried it on the karaoke files as all mine are ziped. I would really love to see a program like this built right in to the Karaoke Pro program. that would make it just about perfect.