Siglos Pro Crashes when it encounters a problem file

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

I have downloaded 1.2.70. Signs are not too good.

I re-created the situation I was in last week, I have a folder which has Sunfly discs 200 to 287 in it, I removed from that folder discs 200 to 286 leaving just 287 in, this is what I done last week.

I then selected into Siglos 3 of the tracks from the Sunflys I had moved, I done this with just 1 singer in the rotation (who I named Testname) the very first song of the 3 allocated to singer Testname crashed Siglos when I pressed start, not a good start.

I tried it again and again Testname was the only singer in the rotaion, I had 3 songs lined up for him/her, I clicked start on the first of Testnames 3 songs, it didn't crash, encouraging, I clicked the second song and then the third, it didn't crash. Very encouraging.

I then gave Testname another 5 songs and introduced a second singer into the rotaion, Eddie, I gave Eddie 5 songs that had not been moved so they will play, I clicked start for Eddie's first song, it played, Testname was the next singer in the rotation I clicked start for his first "moved song, it immediatley crashed Siglos.

Hopefully you can follow what I have done here and hopefully this might tell you something.
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

Not a great deal of difference with latest version, still crashes if something not right with file, anyone else agree?
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

OK, let me understand this correctly. Does the file crash always, regardless of location or place in rotation, or the same file behaves differently?
tomkranz

crashes

Post by tomkranz »

I have a problem sometimes with it freezing up during the middle to end of a song, but usually freezes up (lately 3 times a night on my last two gigs) while adding a new song to a singer's list while someone is performing, it will freeze up and then you have to reboot. Really getting embarrassing when your doing a weekly gig and the same people are seeing your having the same problem each night.
Seems to occur more frequently in this new version than past versions.
uberstonks

Post by uberstonks »

I also still have the problem of program crashes when it comes across a file it doesnt like. I am using the latest version also. No warning it just trys to launch the song then screen goes black and program doesnt respond any more
adam

Post by adam »

Please try to enable 'Use compatible MP3 decoding' option in File -> Settings -> General.