Siglos KARAOKE PROFESSIONAL

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Butch

Siglos KARAOKE PROFESSIONAL

Post by Butch »

When I add singers to the play list, the singers don't stay at the bottom of the list. They move up somewhere in the list. They appear to be going alphabetically. This messes up the rotation as the singers are not in the proper order .It happens in the rotation and the play list mode :(
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

I just noticed this too. But, the add singer in the playlist mode is different from the add singer in the rotation mode. Why the difference I don't know. Maybe Adam or Piotr can explain why there's a difference. If you look at the bottom left corner of the add singer box in the playlist mode, there is a Manage Rotation and a Push To Next box that can be checked. In this mode I tried unchecking the Manage Rotation box and it would no longer list the names alphabetically. Also in this mode, if I added a singer whether the name is on or not on the singer list and I checked the Push To Next box, that singer would automatically be placed as the next singer. I wouldn't have to do it manually. In the Rotation Mode the add singer box does not have these choices. It has a New Singer Rotation Position with some drop down choices. You no longer have the Manage Rotation choice. You also cannot place any singer that you add who is already on your playlist to be the next singer without manually moving this person to be the next singer.

Adam or Piotr, can you please explain why there's a difference between the Playlist mode and the Rotation mode of the add singer feature? :?: :?: :?: :shock: :?: :?: :?:
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

When 'Manage rotation' is checked in Playlist Siglos keeps the rotation in order (ie. making it fair for the singers). It is the same as Rotation mode, only the presentation is different.

If you uncheck 'Manage rotation' the new singer/song are added at the end of the playlist.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

When I check Manage Rotation the singers list plays in alphabetical order, not necessarily in the order that the songs was inserted into the program. So a new singer with a name that starts with A such as Adam will be placed at the top of the list, even though there's 20 singers already in the rotation. I think this would be unfair for the singers who have been waiting to sing.

My main question is why is the Add Singer feature in the Playlist mode different from the Rotation mode? Why is it possible to add a singer who's name is already in the history and Push To Next in the Playlist mode but can't be done in the Rotation mode unless the person is a new singer?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

hornet59, I cannot verify that the singers are added in alphabetic order. Are you sure that the order has not been set in rotation mode earlier?

Please try starting a new session and add singers in Playlist mode -- they will be added as entered.

And regarding the name -- Playlist mode displays all songs for every singer. In rotation mode you need to click on the singer to see the songs (eg. John will have 'song 1', 'song 2', and 'song 3'). But in playlist mode you will see 3 items with Jonh/Song 1, John/Song 2, John/Song 3.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

In the playlist mode, I added Singer B then Singer C then Singer R then Singer Z. I played Singer B's song then added Singer A and noticed that Singer A was now next to sing ahead of all the other singers. I then added Singer M and this singer was placed after Singer C, ahead of Singer R and Singer Z. So I guess I need to make sure that Manage Rotation is not selected

Butch I would recommend that you uncheck the Manage Rotation on the add singer page

Personally I think the Manage Rotation feature should be removed. Whenever you add a new singer, I think they should be placed at the bottom of the list. The first come first served rule always apply with me. I would like a feature of selecting if the added singers can sing 1 or 2 songs in a row.
tomkranz

singer rotation

Post by tomkranz »

If you put singer A in and B in and C in and say they're the only ones singing and you're an hour into your show. Now you put all three (A, B, C) in again for they're next song but they're not all done singing the current set and you get singer D to finally get brave and put in a request to sing, the program puts D in before A, B, & C because D is considered a new singer for the night and since the others have sung songs all night, D is going to sing first on the next round because it's a new singer. A new singer shouldn't have to wait for A, B, & C to finish another set before they get to sing because A, B & C just got done with their songs. That's the way I've noticed it to work.
So you have:
A - currently singing
B - Next Up After A
C- Next Up After B
D - Will Go Here and A moved down one and now sing after D
A - Set up for next song after C
B- Set up for next song
C- Set up for next song
Then you put D in and he/she is going to be put in to sing before A sings the next set because program recognizes D as his/her first time tonight.
Now if all 4 sing another song, they're rotation will be A, B, C, D until E comes along and it will place him/her before the others because he/she is new for the night.
hornet59

Re: singer rotation

Post by hornet59 »

tomkranz wrote:If you put singer A in and B in and C in and say they're the only ones singing and you're an hour into your show. Now you put all three (A, B, C) in again for they're next song but they're not all done singing the current set and you get singer D to finally get brave and put in a request to sing, the program puts D in before A, B, & C because D is considered a new singer for the night and since the others have sung songs all night, D is going to sing first on the next round because it's a new singer. A new singer shouldn't have to wait for A, B, & C to finish another set before they get to sing because A, B & C just got done with their songs. That's the way I've noticed it to work.
So you have:
A - currently singing
B - Next Up After A
C- Next Up After B
D - Will Go Here and A moved down one and now sing after D
A - Set up for next song after C
B- Set up for next song
C- Set up for next song
Then you put D in and he/she is going to be put in to sing before A sings the next set because program recognizes D as his/her first time tonight.
Now if all 4 sing another song, they're rotation will be A, B, C, D until E comes along and it will place him/her before the others because he/she is new for the night.
I guess if you want the program to work this way you would need to make sure the Manage Rotation is checked . If you want it to place the singers in the order that you inserted them, you would have to make sure the Manage Rotation is unchecked

It's just a matter of the KJ's preference as far as how he/she wants to manage the singer list