freezing up/crashing problem

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

tomkranz

Post by tomkranz »

I've got the lastest updated 1.2.70 version of Karaoke Pro and have had problems with it freezing up in the past versions but it's happening even more with the newest version. (Lately 3 times a night) Usually freezes up when someone is performing and your trying to add singers to the list. However, it's also now starting to freeze up during the performance of a song and nothings being done on the keyboard to interfere with the program. I also noticed with this newer version that while typing in song titles for search it really boggs down especially when someone is performing. Takes sometimes 5 seconds for it to show what you typed in the search line.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I am sorry for the problem.

Are you sure that nothing has changed in the system?
tomkranz

Post by tomkranz »

Nothing I have changed physically other than adding a wireless ethernet card a couple months ago.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

When Karaoke Pro locks up on my laptop, the preview screen freezes and all the sliding adjustment handle of the volume and the pitch adjustment freezes too. The strange part is, the song keeps playing and the external monitor is not affected. If I try to adjust the volume or pitch, the sliding adjustment doesn't move, but the volume and the pitch can be changed. To get the sliding adjustments to visually move, I have to restart KP
tomkranz

Freezes Up/Crashes

Post by tomkranz »

When mine freezes up, everything stops and it freezes the whole system and I have to re-boot windows.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

So does the song stop playing too?
tomkranz

Post by tomkranz »

Yes the music stops and everything is locked up and have to re-boot.
adam

Post by adam »

Please try to enable 'Use compatible MP3 decoding' in File -> Settings -> General.
tomkranz

Post by tomkranz »

I've already got that checked. The problem is just getting worse it's now crashing more frequently during the performance of a song with me not touching a thing where as before I usually added a singer and that's when it froze up.
adam

Post by adam »

Please try to install/reinstall codec pack, for example K-Lite, and then switch Video renderer (File -> Settings -> Display) to standard.
tomkranz

freezes/crashes

Post by tomkranz »

I'm going to try Registry Easy on my main Karaoke computer and totally remove the program like I did for my Home computer and then re-install and see if that takes care of the crashing. It's doing it even more now and it will be useless to even use it at my weekly gig on sundays. They'll throw me out because it's worse now than it was last week. Only crashed 3 times the last night and now it's crashing almost every other song without touching anything. I'll let you know how it goes!
tomkranz

Problem Resolved

Post by tomkranz »

Well, before I tried anything, I changed the rendering to standard and so far it's taken care of the problem. Went through a whole list of songs with no freeze up or any other problem.
Now both computers work fine! Thanks for the help!!
Dana48457

Karaoke pro freezeing up

Post by Dana48457 »

I was having the same troubles and it had been running good for a long time. what I found out is that McAfee had a live time running virus program that was eating up the cpu memory. After I stopped that process BAMM everything started running the way it should again. I would suggest everyone having this kind of trouble open Task Manager and go to the processes and watch them as you try to open the program or make changes to it. It took me three days to find this problem but now that I have I hope I save some of you some time and troubles
Topper

Re: freezing up/crashing problem

Post by Topper »

This worked for me, Thanks Adam
Please try to enable 'Use compatible MP3 decoding' in File -> Settings -> General.

Re: freezing up/crashing problem

Post by Guest »

how to fix the platinum major hd 10 karaoke stock in logo?