when creating a CDG, the title screen stays on too long

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

sweetaroma

Post by sweetaroma »

I'm creating a cdg file where there is no intro music, the first two words of the song are sung acapella. I synchronized them correctly, but after I produce the output file, I see that the title screen does not close quickly enough and the first two words are already highlighted before the title screen closes, making it impossible to sing correctly. I have tried every adjustment I can think of, extending the display time, decreasing the display time, etc. Nothing works. Is there a feature that will close the title screen before my words highlight? I have never had this before because most songs have intro music and there is no problem. Hope you can help.
I'm using PowerKaraokePro Ver 2.1.9
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Is there any reason you are using version 2.1.9?

You may create BIN file -- the silence will be added to the soundtrack so the lyrics have time to be displayed.
braendstrup

Post by braendstrup »

You can add silence for the intro screen using
eg. audacity or almost any other audio software.
You can also add hard space before the lyrics
to adjust when the lyrics displays.
Remember to use MP3gain to normalize the
level of all your MP3 files.
sweetaroma

when creating a CDG, title screen stays on too long

Post by sweetaroma »

Thanks for those suggestions, but that doesn't help. Adding silence to the beginning of the song is useless because the program automatically adjusts it to the start of the song. I tried that. Don't know why you ask why I am using ver 2.1.9. It works for me. And it is after the BIN file is created where the problem is noticed. So, I guess you folks haven't encountered this before and have no solution. There must be a way, surely.
braendstrup

Post by braendstrup »

How have you done the introscreen?
CDG text like the lyrics, or an image file?
If you use a title image, have you tried
if toggling "insert silence to accomodate image"
on and off makes a difference?
sweetaroma

Post by sweetaroma »

Thanks braenstrup, but I think I solved the problem. On the CD+G settings screen, I checked 'use exact display time' and then ticked 'before next word' and that allowed the title screen to close before the song started. I never tried to alter any of the default settings before, so I didn't know that would solve my problem. Thanks to all who replied.