"Singer Announcement" screen displays prior singer

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

el dingo

Post by el dingo »

(re: Siglos Professional Karaoke v. 1.2.100 )

When the song is over, and the "Singer Announcement Screen" comes on to announce the next singer, it will show the info of the person who just sang for several seconds - then it updates to show the next singer's name and song. The singers have noticed this, and several have brought it to my attention.

I thought maybe it was just a setting (or maybe just something in my OS), so I removed the software from my older XP machine, and installed it onto my gig laptop, which is newer and runs Vista.

The issue continues.

Is this a bug? Can it be fixed?

Thank you!

- El Dingo
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

I have notice this also but never gave it much concern just figuared it was designed that way.
el dingo

Post by el dingo »

So it's not just my machine(s) or software.

Can you think of one reason how this would be useful or even desirable?

I cannot.

Developers: please fix it. Thank you.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

well when my singes finish singing I alway give there name and the song that they just sang and ask everyone to give them a big hand. This is also on the monitor while I do this. I have no trouble with it. and when it changes that is when I call up the next singer and there name and song is now on the monitors. That's just me.
el dingo

Post by el dingo »

Well, of course that was not a criticism of you (or how you do things) :)

I like to solicit applause for the singer while the song is still fading out at the end - that is, while the singer is still on stage, and the energy hasn't dropped to zero (silence)...or worse, I'm fighting to talk over the fill-in playlist song (which by process, should be attached to the *next singer*).

At the very lease, if it should stay, it should be an *option*

I really love this software - it does automatically what I have been doing (manually!) for years

Thanks for your reply :D
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

No criticism or offense taken! just letting you know that is how the program works for me also and I just try to take advantage of it. I to start talking about the singer as the song normally ends and I take advantage of the Sound effects also to help keep the energe going. Thats what I like about this forum, we all share Ideas and it helps us all.
walked

Works for me

Post by walked »

I saw the post today and when I got home I started Siglos and added some singers, let the song finish and when the announcement screen came up the next singer was listed. Same for all the singers in the list. Without more details such as operating system, cpu speed and memory speed it would be hard to pin down what the problem is. Mine is
XP PRO w/sp3, dual core 2.66 gig processor, 2 gig of ram, sata 1TB HDD

I do know that 512MB ram is barely enough to run XP PRO and not enough to run W7. Hope this points you to a solution with your issues. I am a Network Admin at a hospital and MCP for qualifications.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

I am running Win 7 8 gig of ram dual core i7 processor. I am running the latest version as of sept 2011. I have plenty of power and mem. maybe there is a new setting that i am not aware of I will have to do some investagating to find out when I get set up this evening. Thanks for the input
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i use vista home, dual core amd 2.3, 2 gigs ram and it shows for about 1 second before switching. i have wondered about that, but when i hit go to next instead of letting it end by itself, then i see the next singer right away.
Walked, do you use the "skip silence at end" feature?
walked

Post by walked »

Yes I do and that may be the missing setting, give it a try.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

I've noticed this too, but I never gave it much thought. Piotr or Adam, is this happening by design?
StepUP

Re: "Singer Announcement" screen displays prior singer

Post by StepUP »

Good answer Dana. Way to go, turning a "bug" into a feature!
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

This thread is 8 years old, I believe the problem is long gone...
Lorettaplage

Post by Lorettaplage »

Every time I try to play CBD its just a black screen with a bunch of white boxes, does anyone know how to fix this? please help :
adam

Post by adam »

What is CBD?