Siglos Kareoke Pro freezes

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

iphilcj

Siglos Kareoke Pro freezes

Post by iphilcj »

While at an event my software would have moments where it would freeze for no apparent reason. It would be playing fine one minute , the next thing it would freeze. Several reboots later, it may work or may not. Is there a way to determine if it was the song files or an issue with the software.

What I did notice is that if I skipped the song that was loaded at the time of crash, I had a better chance of getting the software working again.
adam

Post by adam »

What version of the program are you currently using?
iphilcj

Post by iphilcj »

It is Siglos Kareoke Pro 2.0.17
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Were you using the Fillin playlist at the time? If you were, the next time KP freezes, try clearing out the fillin playlist. For whatever reason, my KP freezes when I use the fillin playlist and once I clear it, everything is back to normal, then I'll reload my playlist. Not sure if Piotr or Adam has addressed this problem yet. This just happens randomly with different songs. Try it out and let me know if it worked for you.
iphilcj

Post by iphilcj »

I was not using the fillin play list. I was going through the playlist by trying to go to the next singer and it would freeze. It was random.

One more thing. Sometimes, the song would be "stuck" in its position and I could not make another song/singer "next" without multiple reboots.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

So the fillin playlist was empty at the time right? If you had any songs listed in the fillin playlist and KP freezes, try deleting the songs. If the playlist was empty at the time the freeze happens then it must be something else. Hopefully Piotr or Adam can fix your problem in that case.
iphilcj

Post by iphilcj »

I am 99.9% sure I did not do anything to use the fillin play list. I never really noticed it before you mentioned it. Is it automatically filled in? Why/when would it be used?

BTW I REALLY appreciate you trying to help me.

Thanks for helping.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

The fillin playlist is the list of music that plays between singers so you won't have any dead air. It will start playing at the end of a singer's song, then it will fade out when you start the next singer's song. You can play mp3's or videos in the fillin playlist. Right now there's a problem when you use videos so I would recommend sticking with mp3's for now until the problem can be ironed out.

No problem about me trying to help you. That's what this forum is all about. The real experts is Piotr and Adam. Most of us are just KJ's trying to help in any way we can.
iphilcj

Post by iphilcj »

Are you there Adam or Piotr?

I really need help with this issue and have not heard from either of you since Adam asked what version of SKP I am using. I understand you probably have a lot of issues to respond to.

However, I think this is a serious. I got to believe that if I am having this problem, others are also having the problem. This was my first show using this software. I understand nothing is perfect. I just want to know how to address this issue.

Thank you.

Phil
adam

Post by adam »

There has been a new version of the program just released. It is 2.0.18. Please download it, and give it a try.