Fill-In Music

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

[email protected]

Fill-In Music

Post by [email protected] »

I missing some smart function in the fill-in Playlist.
I cant find a way to manualy start/stop the Fill-in playlist.
(sometime I will wait ant talk without Music)
And One more funcktion for the Fill-In ,
seperate volyme controll.
Fill-IN Music = Low volume
Karaoke=Higher Volyme
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

When the fill-in music is playing and you want to stop it, just click on the pause or stop button on the control display. The same goes for the volume control. You can adjust the volume when you're playing the fill-in music. While the music is playing, just set the volume to what you want it at. It will not affect the volume of your karaoke music. When the karaoke music is done and KP switches to the fill-in music whatever you had the volume set at last, it will play it at that volume. No need to have an entirely different volume control because in reality there already is one.
AbsoluteDJ

Fill In Play List Tweeks

Post by AbsoluteDJ »

Fill In Playlist Features
Separate volume control similar to the instant sounds volume control. This would be handy if you wish to play music at a softer volume to talk over between singers.

Engage or disengage the Fill In playlist on the Fill In window. Or possibly move it from The KJ Options page to allow the stopage of bumper music without stopping the player. This is important because stopping the player seems to reek havoc on what will play next when you hit Start (possible bug)

How about a scramble button on the Fill In Playlist and then have it play down from the highlighted track instead of the current Randomize button which still repeats songs. Although it works better now than in recent versions.

Thanks for looking and keep up the good work Siglos Team!
Paradigm Karaoke

Re: Fill In Play List Tweeks

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

AbsoluteDJ wrote:Fill In Playlist Features
Separate volume control similar to the instant sounds volume control. This would be handy if you wish to play music at a softer volume to talk over between singers.
when the fill in music is playing, you can adjust the volume on the player. and that will stay that way, but only for the fill in. when the karaoke songs are playing the volume adjustment made there will stick also. think of it like 2 different players. i leave my fill in set to 40 and karaoke at 100 so i can talk over the fill in easily.
AbsoluteDJ wrote:Engage or disengage the Fill In playlist on the Fill In window. Or possibly move it from The KJ Options page to allow the stopage of bumper music without stopping the player. This is important because stopping the player seems to reek havoc on what will play next when you hit Start (possible bug)
never had need for this myself, but the "[" and "]" keys are the shortcut keys for volume control. if you need to stop it, a few taps on the "
AbsoluteDJ wrote:e to 0. at least a workaround for the moment.
AbsoluteDJ wrote:How about a scramble button on the Fill In Playlist and then have it play down from the highlighted track instead of the current Randomize button which still repeats songs. Although it works better now than in recent versions.
the current version has a great algorithm for randomizing without repeats.
AbsoluteDJ wrote:Thanks for looking and keep up the good work Siglos Team!
ditto!
Paradigm

Post by Paradigm »

Paradigm thanks for the quick reply!

I was unaware that the volume was different between the Karaoke & The Fill-In Music. That's pretty practical.

The [ & ] is also a pretty cool shortcut.

Yes the current randomize is better than in the past. But I'd still like it the other way because it would be 100% effective.
AbsoluteDJ

Post by AbsoluteDJ »

Sorry I wasn't logged in lol.

Thanks Paradigm!
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Paradigm wrote:Paradigm thanks for the quick reply!

I was unaware that the volume was different between the Karaoke & The Fill-In Music. That's pretty practical.
Ummmm I said the exact same thing a week prior :roll: :shock: lol
DannyGsKaraoke

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

Personally I liked the ability to randomly sort the playlist when setting it up as while I like to put my songs that I want to play at certain venues in a saved list, usually alphabetical by artist, I would like the ability to change the order of the songs once I load the player with songs so that hopefully it will keep from playing the same artist's songs right after the last song. It would give me a little more control over what is being played. I always clear the list at the end of my shows so that it won't start up when I open the software.
Paradigm Karaoke

Danny, there is a setting checkbox in kj settings, bottom left.
"initiate fill-in playback on program start"
that should take care of your problem.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

On the fill in GUI place a check mark next to Randomize and next to Loop and that should solve your problem.
Paradigm Karaoke

i see what he is asking for Hornet. it's like WMP, when you shuffle the playlist, it physically shuffles the list on screen and plays from top to bottom. this lets it be a "random" shuffle of the list but since it is in order from top to bottom you can make a change on the spot as needed.
DannyGsKaraoke

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:Danny, there is a setting checkbox in kj settings, bottom left.
It seems like the only way I can even get the playlist to start the check box has to be checked. So my only option is to clear the list at the end of the show. Don't get me wrong, they have done a far better job with the filler player than Tricerasoft did with the one in Justkaraoke, I feel safe mentioning that software because it's not on the market anymore. With that software, you had to scroll through the playlist for the song you want to choose double click and it stops playing what was playing and start playing the new song. Like you said, I would prefer the list to go down the list and have an idea of what is going to play next hence the preference for a little more control over the random play. I don't like it to basically jump from one song to who knows what song is next. I guess that this preference comes from the days where I use to have 2 instances of winamp, one for music only and the other being controlled by a karaoke frontend that will remain nameless but really isn't a real competition to Siglos.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

DannyGsKaraoke wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:Danny, there is a setting checkbox in kj settings, bottom left.
It seems like the only way I can even get the playlist to start the check box has to be checked. So my only option is to clear the list at the end of the show. Don't get me wrong, they have done a far better job with the filler player than Tricerasoft did with the one in Justkaraoke, I feel safe mentioning that software because it's not on the market anymore. With that software, you had to scroll through the playlist for the song you want to choose double click and it stops playing what was playing and start playing the new song. Like you said, I would prefer the list to go down the list and have an idea of what is going to play next hence the preference for a little more control over the random play. I don't like it to basically jump from one song to who knows what song is next. I guess that this preference comes from the days where I use to have 2 instances of winamp, one for music only and the other being controlled by a karaoke frontend that will remain nameless but really isn't a real competition to Siglos.
Danny, one question, why is it so important to know what fillin music will be played, after all it's just a filler for between songs and I doubt any of your customers even notice
Last edited by hornet59 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:i see what he is asking for Hornet. it's like WMP, when you shuffle the playlist, it physically shuffles the list on screen and plays from top to bottom. this lets it be a "random" shuffle of the list but since it is in order from top to bottom you can make a change on the spot as needed.
Gotcha!
DannyGsKaraoke

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

hornet59 wrote:
DannyGsKaraoke wrote:
Danny, one question, why is it so important to know what fillin music will be played, after all it's just a filler for between songs and I doubt any of your customers even notice

If I have a low amount of singers and a lot of time left, I like to let the filler player play for a few songs between rotations to space the singers out so that they don't use up their singing voice in the first two hours of the show.
On e show that I used to do started at 9 pm but didn't get busy until about 11 pm. If I ran straight karaoke without letting the filler player play for a few songs between rotations, the singers that were there at the start probably would have gotten at least 4 or 5 songs in before the crowd arrived but wouldn't have had the voice to finish the night. By extending the time between songs, I got them to stay and buy more drinks.