Deleting database folder by folder

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Deleting database folder by folder

Post by Guest »

Hello
Is it possible to have a feature where you can delete the database folder by folder?
I have my karaoke files in different folders e.g I create a new folder each year when adding to the database.
There have been times when I just want to delete a folder but not the entire database.
Would save a lot of time regarding re importing. Thanks
adam

Post by adam »

Please describe your request with more details.

Post by Guest »

Hello Adam
There have been times when I've wanted to delete a particular folder of karaoke songs, not the whole database.
When I re import songs into a new computer, I import them folder by folder.
Would be good if you could delete a particular folder instead of deleting the whole database and start again leaving out the folder you don't want. Thanks

Post by Guest »

Sorry didn't make myself clear. I have folders of songs on my existing computer, I wish to delete because of poor quality.
Would be good to just delete these folders from database without deleting everything and start over again. Thanks
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

First of all, backup the siglos.db file in the Documents/My Karaoke folder. I'm assuming you are using windows 10. Remove the folder that contain the songs you want to delete from the database. Start Karaoke Pro and click on the manage song database button that is on the rotation window. Click on tools then validate songs. The process will open a popup window and will ask you if you want to delete the missing song. Click on "Remove the file from the database" and also click on "use this option for all missing files." I've tested it out and it should delete the songs that you no longer want in your database. Please let us know how it worked for you.

Post by Guest »

Thanks so much.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Glad it worked out for you