Ver 2.0.70

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

djgaryc wrote:
Piotr wrote:Can you please try if you are able to access this on your laptop's browser:

localhost:6803

If you are using different port, substitute 6803 with it. Also please every IP address in Remote Queue Settings.
I will try. I'm sure this was the port for this first failed connection :D

I did email support at the time without reply.
One thing I did not ask and occured to me just now -- do you have the server enabled in Remote Queue window?
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

updated to version .56 and see two small new issues.
1) the query cache did not automatically update, clicking the update button worked fine, but did not happen automatically upon opening the program.

2) the kiosk display i have "canciones en español" and the special character "ñ" does not show up correctly. i get a diamond with a "?" in it.
it previously displayed correctly.

also, i still have the problem with those three windows resetting back to their default positions.

also, cd's still show the full disc length and not the track length.when the track is done, and i click go to next, the screen goes black (scrolling message still shows fine, it's just the lyric area that shows black) for around 8-10 seconds.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:updated to version .56 and see two small new issues.
1) the query cache did not automatically update, clicking the update button worked fine, but did not happen automatically upon opening the program.
I cannot reproduce this problem... Can you email me your log (and a database if it is not a problem).
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:2) the kiosk display i have "canciones en español" and the special character "ñ" does not show up correctly. i get a diamond with a "?" in it.
it previously displayed correctly.

We already fixed this one, will work fine in next release.
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
also, i still have the problem with those three windows resetting back to their default positions.
You mean Remote Queue, history and settings? Or something else?

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
also, cd's still show the full disc length and not the track length.when the track is done, and i click go to next, the screen goes black (scrolling message still shows fine, it's just the lyric area that shows black) for around 8-10 seconds.
Is it with every CD?
Paradigm Karaoke

Piotr wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:updated to version .56 and see two small new issues.
I cannot reproduce this problem... Can you email me your log (and a database if it is not a problem).
Piotr wrote:tomorrow for you.
Piotr wrote: We already fixed this one, will work fine in next release.
awesome, i figured it was simple but wanted you to know.
Piotr wrote: You mean Remote Queue, history and settings? Or something else?
it is the remote queue, quick singer, and quick songs. all others stay where i put them.

Piotr wrote: Is it with every CD?
yes. i thought originally it was just on burned discs, but tonight had an original Sound Choice disc and it did the same thing. it PLAYS fine, only the issues i mentioned.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
You mean Remote Queue, history and settings? Or something else?
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:it is the remote queue, quick singer, and quick songs. all others stay where i put them.
Not sure what's going on with my setup, but the windows weren't moving for me until I opened KP today and the windows weren't where I last had them. I reinstalled v52 and encountered the same problem. Reinstalled v50 and encountered the same problem. Reinstalled v56 and the problem of the windows moving went away. Now when I open KP the windows are exactly where I last had them. Can't figure out why it fixed itself.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Piotr wrote:Yes, it will be a separate way to connect customers, the local network will be unchanged.

The new feature will just allow users to access a website, enter a show name and then work in the same way as now using the local network. The same screens.

Really like this Idea can't wait to try it out.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Dana48457 wrote:Really like this Idea can't wait to try it out.
Preview version should be ready next week.
Paradigm Karaoke

ok, update Piotr...
the cache not updating automatically must have been a one time hiccup. it worked fine tonight. the windows reverting to default positioning is however still happening.
Paradigm Karaoke

new bug and easy to replicate
search for a song with an apostrophy in the title
click on it
click "back"
the screen goes white with gibberish in the address bar.

this only happens with apostrophy and only when SEARCHED.
i searched for Johnny Cash, clicked on "Don't Take your Guns To town"
clicked "back" and it happened.
repeated on multiple artists.

also noticed, searching for "don't" comes up empty, but searching for "dont"(without the apostrophy) returns the desired reults
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Paradigm, when you say search do you mean searching for a song in the Add Singer or Song Database? I tried searching for a song using your example using both methods and I did get results so I'm a bit confused that I may not be doing the search correctly. I also don't understand what you mean by "clicked on back."
hawke68

Post by hawke68 »

paradigm is talking about through the remote hornet. I just tried a few here and 56 is doing here too
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Thanks for the clarification hawke. I was like, I've never seen back in the SKP program lol
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

SKP v50 and v52 works correctly when duplicating Paradigm's first example. Entering Johnny Cash and selecting Don't Take Your Guns To Town then clicking on the back button will not return a white screen. However, the second problem of entering "Don't" still returns a blank screen. Hope this helps Piotr in figuring out the problem. SKP v56 resulted in the problems Paradigm mentioned.

*UPDATE* Piotr I'm not sure if this information will help, but I went back and reinstalled older versions of SKP and I found that the apostrophe problem started with SKP v2.1.1.9. I could search and received results when I searched for "Don't" in SKP v8 and earlier.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

We have released 2.2.1.2, which fixes this problem.

Also it introduces an internet server via https://connectkaraoke.com that allow users to use the remote interface from the internet, without the local network.

I will be posting a video tutorials on how to use this feature and there is a quick guide in help and here:

https://www.powerkaraoke.com/help/siglo ... -start.htm
cdakaraoke

new internet tool

Post by cdakaraoke »

So far I can't get the connectkaraoke thing to work. I have enabled in settings, test connection, gave my show a name, updated, the test button says it works, the website says I don't have a show running.. I am pre-testing before I use it at a show.

Is there ports I need to open for window10 maybe?