Ver 2.0.70

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

cdakaraoke

new internet tool

Post by cdakaraoke »

It looks like it won't work without requiring a code
got it to work without a code..

I have a question, is there a way to make a direct link permanent to link it on my web page? Maybe it is already as long as I don't change anything?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Yes, we will do it in the next version.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

wow, looks great Piotr. and i can confirm the "back" apostrophy bug is resolved.

a few thoughts off the top of my head on the web interface

1) i like how it refuses to even allow them to search when going offline, but instead of just "server offline", could we be allowed to make a screen ourselves?
so it could say something like "sorry, we have enough requests for tonight and can not accept any more" or something along those lines?
same with the direct connections as 99% of singers will click "submit" and walk away never seeing the message afterwards.

2) for those with multiple shows, can we have a dropdown menu for multiple show names? tonight i'm at Robert Emmets, but tomorrow i'm at Coops. i also see this being necessary for multi rig users who have 2 or 3 shows on the same night. just naming the show "karaoke company name" would be confusing. being able to name it by the bar name would be simple and just have a dropdown in the settings for the host to pick from instead of having hosts get login credentials to the main site.

that's all i can see, you really did a great job with this setup. i know my singers will be happy.

question....
will the API be available to host on our own websites?
cdakaraoke

poitr

Post by cdakaraoke »

Just want to say, you are doing a great job. We appreciate you.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Paradigm, more customization is on the way, maybe not in a day, but in a week or two.
Paradigm Karaoke

thanks Piotr, and i echo cdakaraoke, you are appreciated very much by us.
i have been sparing on another board with Bob Latshaw and good lord he needs to watch you and see how customer service actually works.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:thanks Piotr, and i echo cdakaraoke, you are appreciated very much by us.
i have been sparing on another board with Bob Latshaw and good lord he needs to watch you and see how customer service actually works.
I echo Paradigm's comment on Bob Latshaw. His people skill is the worst I've ever seen for someone who owns a company. He definitely should learn from Power Karaoke how customer service should be provided.
cdakaraoke

new internet tool

Post by cdakaraoke »

I have the 2.2.1.3 version going with direct links on my web page. Everything seems to be working great so far. I had some patrons using it last night. I haven't checked out playing discs yet, maybe I'll check that out tonight at home. Great job piotr..
Paradigm Karaoke

i'll check it when i can, have to wait until i can buy a new license. :cry:
@#$%! taxes
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:i'll check it when i can, have to wait until i can buy a new license. :cry:
@#$%! taxes
Check your email :)
Paradigm Karaoke

looks great, i like the fist song idea.
two things i see with it...
1) on phones, it works great, on computer, the check box is fuzzy at best, but is not scaling correctly at all.

2) people can be turds.....
they can keep clicking that as they wish and on busy nights, can be confusing.
i would NOT suggest warning them that they already put in one request, but simply behind the scenes not highlight it with the blue.
people are not above changing their number if they are warned.

the requiring an initial is PERFECT!

can you elaborate more on the singer names restrictions? i'm not following what is intended here.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Checkbox resizing will be changed.

As of checking user names -- you may select in Settings that new singers (without matching secret code) have to use a name that is not already in the rotation (or even in the database).
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

KP version 2.2.1.5 is missing the key change drop down menu when a singer is trying to submit a song on the remote kiosk as well as on the phone. UPDATE: The key change drop down menu is missing only when a singer logs in. The drop down menu is available when selecting a song without logging in.

Another problem that is occurring is that when I check the "Require initial after space in singer name" box and I close KP the box is unchecked when I restart KP.
Paradigm Karaoke

got it, great idea.
require initial is a great idea, but i can not get the box to stay checked. every time i check it and click "OK" it unchecks.

also can confirm the key change bug.
Paradigm Karaoke

just had someone search for
"that don't impress me much" and it came up blank.
search for "shania twain" and it shows up just as was requested before.
search for "that dont impress me much" withut the apostrophy and it shows up fine.
the song DOES have the apostrophy in the database and shows up correctly witht he apostrophy when searching by artist.

this happens with all songs with an apostrophy