Worth the effort

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

fragumon

Worth the effort

Post by fragumon »

Am i the only one who thinks that the effort to incorporate the kiosk function is taking resources away from other possible improvements and features to SKP. I mean , how many KJs and singers will actually utilize the kiosk features on real life situations. I think only a few. Most KJs and singers in my experience are creatures of habit and wont utilize these functions. I think our developers efforts could be better spent implementing more traditional improvements to an already solid platform. When was the last update to SKP? It has been many months while our developer has released countless "betas" trying to make kiosk functions work on every conceivable device. Has it really been worth the time and effort? Just saying.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

The remote kiosk feature I believe is worth the effort. My singers love using their phones or my PC setup to search for songs and send in their requests. Less and less singers are asking for my songbooks. So yes, I think getting the remote kiosk purring is worth it! I'm sure other KJs feel the same way.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

agreed, i have been using another kiosk system exclusively since 2013 and no books at all and singers think it is the best. so far in the beta runs, my singers are even happier now that they can log into their own histories and see have they sang this song before?
exactly which version they sang
when they sang it
how many times they sang it
and use that information to not duplicate themselves and pick new songs they haven't done.
in real life situations, kiosk is the way to go hands down whether it's my 20-30 somethings at the British pub, the 40-50 somethings at the Irish bar, or the 60-80 somethings at the VFW and Legion, they all love it way more than books.
time and effort well spent.