From 'Add Singer/ Song' window rotation options

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

DFT

From 'Add Singer/ Song' window rotation options

Post by DFT »

Maybe it just because I'm trying to learn under pressure, but I keep making the same few mistakes running my show. And maybe these features are already here and I haven't found them?

1 I wish I could add a singer to the rotation without having to also select a song for them. I have regulars come in and I know they will sing, but I'm not sure what they want to sing that night. But I like to add them into the rotation in the order that I see them appear.

2. I wish when I add a completely new singer, I had the option from the 'Add Singer/ Song' window to place them next in the rotation.

3. I wish from the 'Add Singer/ Song' window that when I add a song to a singer already in the rotation I had the option to have that song go to the top of their list of songs.

I know both 2 and 3 can be accomplished from 'Rotation' window, but it would be much more convenient to do those things directly from the 'Add Singer/ Song' window at the time I'm setting them up.
hawke68

Re: From 'Add Singer/ Song' window rotation options

Post by hawke68 »

1. If you open the quick singer dialog you can drag the singer from that list anywhere in the rotation you wish without having to add a song to their name.
2. at the bottom of the add singer dialog you can set where it adds the new singer in the rotation.
3. as far as i know you can only change order of the list of songs from the rotataion window
Hope this helps your confusion
DFT

Post by DFT »

Thanks, Hawke68 ... but while this is helpful, it is still not what I would like.

I want to be able to see all the data in one place without having to select a specific song in the Song List box of the Add Singer/ Song window.

If you right/ context click on the title bar of the Song List box a drop down menu of check boxes with options for what you want displayed per song in the Song List box appears. There are 8 options, including the obvious of 'Title,' 'Artist,' etc.

I would like to 2 more options for Key/ Pitch setting and Tempo.

The Song List is obviously just a 'report form' from the database. The data is already there or either null values or previous settings of changed pitch or tempo.

It couldn't be that difficult to add the two additional fields to the options for the window.
DFT

Post by DFT »

Oops! I'm so confused I don't even know which post I am replying to!

Thanks again, Hawke68.
DFT

Post by DFT »

hawke68 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:48 pm 1. If you open the quick singer dialog you can drag the singer from that list anywhere in the rotation you wish without having to add a song to their name.
Got it! Great.
hawke68 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:48 pm 2. at the bottom of the add singer dialog you can set where it adds the new singer in the rotation.
Got it! Great.

Thanks so much for your help. As you might imagine, I'm migrating from another program and know what functions I'd like to have ... but not whether or where they might be in SKP. You've pretty much got me completely up to speed with what I need to know.

I think I can handle confusion on #3. :)
DFT

Post by DFT »

hawke68 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:48 pm 1. If you open the quick singer dialog you can drag the singer from that list anywhere in the rotation you wish without having to add a song to their name.
I appreciated your help in finding this ... but it is not really what I mean.

This only works if you already have previously entered a singer (with having to at the same time add a song when you originally added them).

I would like to be able to directly add a new singer to the program without having to select a song for them even the first time. My previous hosting program operated this way.

Why? On opening a show I like to enter singers in the order that they appear in the venue ... even if they haven't had a chance to look through the catalog and pick a song. Since one of my venues is very 'touristy,' with the majority of singers showing up one evening and never again, I work the room and solicit singers. This is effective to get the show off to a good start, but it is really a hassle if I can't just take their names and build the rotation.