Clicking On Singer Already In Rotation To Add Song

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

DFT

Clicking On Singer Already In Rotation To Add Song

Post by DFT »

If I'm lucky, someone will tell me that this is already possible and how to do it!

I don't like the behavior when you click on the singer already in the rotation to add additional songs to their singing list.

It makes sense that when you click the 'Add Singer/ Song ...' button in the Rotation window" " the Add Singer window opens with the insertion point in the "Singer's name:" entry box so that you can immediately type in the new singer's name before finding them a song.

However, when you go to the Add Singer window by clicking the name of a singer already in the rotation it not only makes no sense to go the the "Singer's name:" entry field, it also causes potential problems as the Singer's name is highlighted and the field is active. Either by mousing or with the scroll wheel it is too easy to inadvertently move the name in that field to another singer already in the rotation.

I would like to see the automatic insertion point when the window opens be either the Global filter or the specific singer's own history list. Or at least an option to select the placement of the insertion point.

And short of this to at least have the singer's name not selected/ highlighted so that you couldn't inadvertently change to another singer upon opening.

Either would be both faster and more 'bullet-proof' to avoid inadvertently changing the selected singer on the Add Singer page.

What do you think?

DFT
Paradigm Karaoke

Re: Clicking On Singer Already In Rotation To Add Song

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

agreed.
i have done just as you mention more than once.
Piotr, this is a good idea.