Remote Queue Singers Requesting Songs In Their Histories

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

AbsoluteDJ

Remote Queue Singers Requesting Songs In Their Histories

Post by AbsoluteDJ »

Remote Request Workflow

If a singer puts a song in with their phone that matches a song already in their history, can it just be added? Ie. The same version they sang last time. (Auto Add)

If a singer puts a song that isn't already in their history (a new song for them), can a query be made of just the versions you have with a matching Artist & Title?

This would be handy for KJ's that like to pick a better version for their singers when they initially attempt a song.

Thanks
Piotr
Admin

Re: Remote Queue Singers Requesting Songs In Their Histories

Post by Piotr »

Added to the list of things to do, should be done before summer. Thank you for the suggestion.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the consideration!
AbsoluteDJ

Post by AbsoluteDJ »

So after thinking about this the Auto add feature works well with incoming requests for singers with histories. If the request weren't in their existing history it would be nice to be able to choose a version for them. Maybe it could be a left click menu item to query all matching results. Maybe this way it would remain optional for hosts that wish to use it and not throw off the work flow for hosts that don't mind what song the program picks.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

not bad, what about splitting the difference?
a selectable check box "show all versions if more than one is available" in settings to determine how it acts.
If the box is checked, double click opens the add singer dialog with the Artist and Title field populated to see all versions
If the box is unchecked, double click just adds the song as it currently does.
one of the things I love most about Siglos is it can be customized this way in all different areas to fit any host's workflow.
what do you think Piotr?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

We will be working on this pretty soon. I hope to make it as configurable as possible.
Paradigm Karaoke

we know you will do the best that can be done anywhere Piotr.
you guys always give us the best, I'm hoping to see this soon
AbsoluteDJ

Post by AbsoluteDJ »

Here is another crazy idea along these lines. How about a brand preference or ranking?
So for instance you prefer Sunfly, DK & KV ect..
So if there were an "SF" in the disc number you could rank it (01) and it would always show up first in the results, followed by "DK" (2nd) and "KV" (3rd) ect.. I suppose this would take a bit of configuration by the host but be useful to some. I'm sure some hosts wouldn't care about this so it would have to be optional. This would be difficult for brands like Zoom because sometimes these are labeled differently for instance ZM or ZPCP ect.. Maybe I'm just dreaming because this would probably be difficult and require a rework or major overhall of the database..

I guess another way to achieve this would be to affix a number to the front of the disc number with a program like KJ File Manager. like: 1SFxx-xx, 2DKxx-xx & 3KVxx-xx

Thanks for the consideration and you're welcome to tell me I'm crazy!

On a side note, thank you for your amazing customer service!

John
Paradigm Karaoke

i see where you are going, how about this compromise?
allow a check box, in the song edit screen where we can change the silence detection, that you can check a song as "preferred version".
not a ranking by manu code necessarily since every manu has great songs and horrible ones.
example, SC had great queesnryche, but the worst Elvis songs.
this way WE as hosts can check the box when we find the one we like the best so it would be the default UNLESS the singer already did a different version (one that they are more familiar with and like better).
I'm sure most of us already pick the ones WE think are the most accurate, so I don't think it would be too much hassle to make that selection ourselves. maybe as it's playing we could right click on the song in the rotation window and have the option to "Make Preferred Version"

what do you think Piotr, am I getting too out there yet lol?
AbsoluteDJ

Post by AbsoluteDJ »

i really like that. Because if you try to pick the best version for a singer anyway it would be cool to have a default (go to) version marked somehow and maybe it could show up first (or only unless you expanded the tree). I like where this idea is going.
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

really good suggestions