Performance Scores

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

andreramos

Performance Scores

Post by andreramos »

I run Karaoke sessions mostly with people from the Far East. They are very much hooked on the Score they can get.
On most systems (eg Videoke, Platinum) found in Asia there's a feature that gives points to the singer's performance. This is done by comparing the beat and tone of the original track and the singer's input on the microfone.

Though I'm not particulary adherent to it (normally when I use in Europe, I turn it off), I think adding this feature will expand significantly your potential markets.
Piotr
Admin

Re: Performance Scores

Post by Piotr »

It is rather impossible to do, scoring requires special tracks that have additional information that can be used to verify how good the singer is.

The feature we are working on is voting, which would allow guest to give scores to performances.
andreramos

Post by andreramos »

Thanks Piotr - voting is also pretty cool and community building tool. Probably fairer that the signal processing that one can cheat by filling the channels with garbage sound.

Post by Guest »

When that function (voting) is available or ready to use it? It sounds really cool!