Editing File Names With Song Database Editor

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

AbsoluteDJ

Editing File Names With Song Database Editor

Post by AbsoluteDJ »

Could we have a button which would allow us the option to edit the file names as well as the the Artist, Title and I suppose disk number as well. I think it would be best to be optional and not automatic. Would this be useful to others? Thanks!
Paradigm Karaoke

Re: Editing File Names With Song Database Editor

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

what do you mean "not automatic"?
also what software are you talking about?
Siglos Karaoke Pro has this option already unless you mean another software.
DannyGsKaraoke

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:50 am what do you mean "not automatic"?
also what software are you talking about?
Siglos Karaoke Pro has this option already unless you mean another software.
Siglos edits the database not the files themselves. I'll pm you the name of the software so I don't violate any of the rules out of respect for Powerkaraoke.
AbsoluteDJ

Post by AbsoluteDJ »

Do you mean KJ File Manager? I use that already but it would be nice to be able to edit the errors in filenames you encounter while searching for songs. Ie.. Today searched for Hamilton songs. I found there were songs labeled both "Hamilton" & "Hamilton Musical". I'd like to have them uniform. This could be done in another program but it would be great if it could be done right inside Siglos just like the naming in the database.
DannyGsKaraoke

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

AbsoluteDJ wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:52 am Do you mean KJ File Manager? I use that already but it would be nice to be able to edit the errors in filenames you encounter while searching for songs. Ie.. Today searched for Hamilton songs. I found there were songs labeled both "Hamilton" & "Hamilton Musical". I'd like to have them uniform. This could be done in another program but it would be great if it could be done right inside Siglos just like the naming in the database.
That's easy tin KJ File Manager, just open one of the ones that you want to use as uniform and highlight all the files you want to change. Once they are highlighted use the drop-down menu to click on change artist and paste what you copied into the empty box and click ok. Fastest way to do it.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

Upvoting this cause I'm trying to fix the filenames of my tracks. When the database can't find the renamed track, it removes it from all history. I would prefer the database knew what I changed and apply this new knowledge instead of having to validate and re-import the "new" tracks.
adam

Post by adam »

If you change a filename or a file location for a karaoke song added to the program database, it is not possible for the program to find the file, and the database entry becomes invalid. I'm not sure where the database is supposed to get an information about changes you introduce to filenames from in any other way then by re-importing the altered file.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

The feature suggestion is asking to allow us to manually tell the software that we've altered the filename or allowing us to change the filename within the edit track window. If it's not possible, I understand.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Good idea, we will add this.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

Just thought of an option since I'm not always doing editing within the software. If the song doesn't exist when trying to play it from a history, can there be a prompt to locate the new file?