Siglos Professional VS Compuhost

If you have used our software and found it useful this is the place to share your experiences with others.

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

fragumon

Siglos Professional VS Compuhost

Post by fragumon »

I am a builder of PC's for KJ use. I also have a complete PCKJ system in my home which we use for karaoke parties that we host. I have about 23,000 uncompressed mp3+g files. We currently use Swift Elite 4 as our hosting software. I have always found it to be a bit busy and complex for the average KJ to master. Also it doesn't handle rotaions very well.
In short I have been looking for a cleaner, simpler solution.

A number of KJ's have reccomended Compuhost and I had read about Siglos Professional. I have tried both and I have to say I like Siglos far better for a couple of very important reasons.

The most important is the fact that Compuhost has a very restrictive file naming requirement for the import and proper cataloging of tracks. It can't parse ID3 tag info like Siglos does. This is a showstopper for me. I can't imagine renaming a 23,000 file database just to get my tracks imported. (although it could be done with Tag and Rename). Siglos simply parses the ID3 tags and I am good to go.

Also Siglos does a better job on customizing the announcement screens. I really like the font outline and drop shadow opstion, especially when designing a custom logo screen.

Siglos does all this for about half the price of compuhost.

All my future builds will include Siglos and I will be purchasing it for my home system as well. Great job!