Saving the history list from different Gigs

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Carbon_Cowboy

Saving the history list from different Gigs

Post by Carbon_Cowboy »

I would love to see an addition to the karaoke pro program where if I am playing a Joes bar on Friday and then Playing at Bills bar on Sat. that I could save the complete history list for both bars seperately. and not have to start a new program every week at each bar. The both have different singers and songs the wish to sing. would be wonderful if I could go to Joes on friday night and open up Joes history and then save that at the end of the night and go to Bills on Sat. night and open the History for Bills and save that at the end of the night for next week. Maybe enought to do a different place every night (7) would be enought for most KJ's but more would be even better.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Anyone know if this can be done in anyway. Are there any files that we can save where this would be so it could be reinstalled?
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

you can do this, use history options, play around with it and you can see what it can do, I have 3 regular venues I go to and I have 3 lists of the historyies of the singers in each of those venues, very useful it is too.
Dana48457

how do you do this

Post by Dana48457 »

How do you do it where do you save them and how do you open them up for each venue.????
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

add singer/song > under the singer name is "add hidden venue name". check that box and type in the venue name, it will use that name on all siongers you add from here on out. when you gop to the next venue, open add singer/song > change the name of the venue and close the add singer screen. now add singer/song and continue as before. when you return to venue 1, do the same thing...add singer/song > change venue name to venue 1's name > close add singer screen, and continue on. when you go to add a singer you will see the list from that venue. also, in add singer/song...click "history options" and select "show from current venue only".
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Thanks I will give it a good try. I think it will work I have played with the history some but not a whole lot.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Hey Paradigm, I'm playing around with the hidden venue feature, but I think I'm doing something wrong. I followed your instruction, but when I go to venue 1, all previous singers from other venues appear in the rotation window. Is this how it is supposed to be display? :shock:
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

having the same troubles myself just can't get one venue or the other to come up they both do. There should be an easy way to do this like
History list
click on Venue name out of a selection of all saved venues.
Venue 1
Venue 2
Joes Bar
Bills place
venue 3

this could be a pull down list and you just click on the venue for tonight and have that as the only history that shows up.
I now it sounds easier than it is. but would sure make it easier for us.
Thanks
Dana
Paradigm Karaoke

it doesn't quite work that way, for instance, do you have any singers that go to more than one of your venues? that would mean you have 2 histories for that singer. so, what it does is only put those singers from venue "X" in the top right history window. if you use the search feature, you can see all singers from all venues. does that answer your question?
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

OK thanks, I thought that there would be a separate listing for each venue :shock:
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

There is a seperate listing for each venue but they have to be created.

The very first thing I advise you to do is to clear the singer history, do this by clicking the "History Options" button and then hit the "Erase All" button you will see, you do need to start the below excercise with a clean history.

Once you have cleared the History then lets say you to Joes Bar tonight, click on the add singers button and underneath singers name it says "Add Hidden Venue Name", select that and then type in a name that you want for Joes's Bar, then in the singers name up above type in the name of the singer you've got lined up (my suggestion is that you type in your own name as the first singer). play his/her song and you have now started a venue list for that location, each singer you type in the rest of that session will go into the history for Joes bar.

Now tomorrow your at Marys Bar, follow the same proces as above, I.E. press add singer button, type in a venue name then a singers name and song and play that song, you have now started a second singer history for Marys Bar and all the singers at Marys Bar that night will go into the new history for Marys Bar.

Follow the same steps above for any more venues.

Now when you go back to Joes bar next week you press the add singer button, type in whatever it was you called that venue in the venue name underneath the Singers Name, if you have the "Show From Current Venue Only" button selected in the "History Options" area then de-select it, you should now see in the top right corner all the singers that have sung at your venues, the venues they have sung and some of their songs and it will look something like this

Eddie {V:joesbar} My Way
Peter {V:joesbar} Tie A Yellow Ribbon
Susan {V:joesbar} I Will Survive
Eddie {V:marysbar} Save The last Dance For Me
Peter {V:marysbar} Tie A Yellow Ribbon
Susan {V:marysbar} I Will Survive
Eddie {V:redlion} Nessun Doma
Peter {V:redlion} Tie A Yellow Ribbon
Susan {V:redlion} I Will Survive

You can now click on a name with joes bar on it, (Eddie {V:joesbar} in the above would do it, if you now re-select the "From The Current Venue Only" button and then you should see only all that sang at Joes bar last week, do the same for all your other venues later in the week and you will see the historys of those venues as well.

Sounds complicated but it isn't really.

Hope that helps.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Thanks daddybrubeck, but if I add more venues, do I need to clear out the history again and start all over? I'm just asking this because the first thing that you suggested was to clear out the entire history prior to starting the venues. I just don't understand why this part is necessary. I guess you could call it ignorance :lol: :lol: But, I really appreciate you taking the time to explain the process to me.
Paradigm Karaoke

if you haven't been adding venue names, you cannot change them in the singer history so to add that singer to the venue, you would need to delete them. if you have been adding the venue names all along, ignore step one. as for the rest, when you get to the venue, open add singer, change the hidden venue name to (wherever you are) close, and reopen add singer and it shows your history for that bar only.
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

Hornet 59.

No you don't need to clear the history again once you have created the history's for your venues.

The only reason I suggested you clear the history as the very first move was because if you didn't then all the singers that were in the history would still show and it may well be confusing for you when you are selecting a singer.

You will find once you have your histories created it is quite easy to tell Eddie's history from Joes Bar to Eddie's history from Marys Bar to Eddies history from The Red Lion, etc etc, as their respective histories have venue identification on them.

Then once you have had histories for your singers in their respective venues going for a few weeks you will know who they are and so by default you will know if they are regulars, you will of course keep the histories for the regulars and delete the histories of non regulars. This is one of the reasons you need to clear the history at the begining so you know just who is who.

Hope that clears things a little for you.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Paradigm Karaoke & daddybrubeck thanks for your replies. Things are so much clearer now :D