Crashing while playing a CDG Disc

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

djgaryc

Crashing while playing a CDG Disc

Post by djgaryc »

Hello All

This is kinda like this post, but not exactly the same.
http://www.powerkaraoke.com/forum/about7703.html

My issue was that the SKP crashed while playing a CDG track. Never happened to me before, however is the 1st time since the upgrade to 2.x playing from a CD.

WhenI say crash, I mean the graphics stopped and the music carried on but when I pressed reset went to "Not responding"

I have no idea how to find you an error log like on the other post linked in this post - sorry :)

Gary
adam

Post by adam »

Do you experience problems regardless of a CD+G disc you are trying to play back?
djgaryc

Post by djgaryc »

No, not from hard drive. Just the Disc Drive.
adam

Post by adam »

So you are trying to play back CD+G discs directly from a CD/DVD drive. Do you experience problems regardless of a CD+G disc you are trying to play back?
djgaryc

Post by djgaryc »

Yes it was a track I was playing using my CD/DVD player built into my laptop.

TBH I only tried the one disc as it as very busy gig I do so I could afford for a second crash.... The customers would have linched me had it crashed again.

I will try to repeat the issue again using different cdg files to see if I can help see if it is every CDG, Custom Burns, manufactured cd like sunfly for example and will report back (possible to be Sunday)
djgaryc

Post by djgaryc »

Don't seem to be able to repeat the error so I will be back in touch if it happens again :D
djgaryc

Post by djgaryc »

djgaryc wrote:Don't seem to be able to repeat the error so I will be back in touch if it happens again :D
Okay, it happened twice tonight.... It did during a track and then when i pressed the Go To Next button at the end of a track to adcance it pass the silence.

They were both factory made CDG's rather than Custom burn.

I have now set the software to remember the last session so it saves me adding it all again.