Siglos Karaoke Professional

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Daddyoh

Siglos Karaoke Professional

Post by Daddyoh »

Can You make a APP that when the program is running It will broadcast a searchable directory of all the songs available on wifi. That way People with Phones can search for songs either by Artist or Title. This will save printing multiple copies of all the songs available.
Alberta Redneck

Broadcast Songbook on WiFi

Post by Alberta Redneck »

:D A greater service would be to use a router to rebroadcast your karaoke music selections with a searchable database that you can search by Artist or song title. That way your singers could sign onto our WIFI broadcast and automatically start to search for there next song. Might be an idea that they could log in with user name and password to select the songs they want to sing next.
Mrlarson

APP for singers

Post by Mrlarson »

It would be great with an app where users can submit song wishes and then the KJ can either accept, decline or edit and accept them. You would also need to be able to upload your songlist to the APP, or maybe the APP will communicate directly with KJ´s database?
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

If going this far why not have them log in with a valid email address that way the DJ can build a data base of emails of people to contact when changing gigs or something special and they want to let there singers know.
guitarra vieja

Post by guitarra vieja »

Since getting into karaoke again and this time, 'going Pro' with the Siglos product, I found some 'desirable' features that I doubt they will/can implement quickly (they have enough to do with the nice product they have!)

So, I've been working on a new program for myself - to 'fix' karaoke file names and have a 'wireless kiosk' that folks can do requests from, etc.... Seems from this thread that others are looking for such a thing, too.

Right now, I have it working with lots of features that I felt I need;

File Fixer
I found that many of my discs have different parsing and it takes 'forever' to go into each folder, etc. for import (and, once, I accidently deleted the database after a big import (no backup...), so I decided to write a program to update/change filenames to a consistent parser format - makes it a lot simpler to import into Karaoke Pro (also, finding them in the 'kiosk' is easier with consistent filenames that have DiscID, Artist, Title, and Track).

This uses a super-fast search/replace/reporting database - with 32000+ songs it takes about 15 seconds to go through and report everything.

- Find mismatched pairs (mp3+g or wma+g) finds missing/mismatched .cdg and associated music file 'straglers' that somehow didn't convert from CD, etc. - I found several when I ran the program the first time (looking through thousands of songs, it is near impossible to see it, but this found them quickly)

- 'tight' search option (matches the search format better for mixed parsing). It uses 'intelligence' with things like matching the number of ' - ' in the parse rule to the number in the filename, etc. - eliminates matching DiscID - Track - Title - Artist when I ask it for Track - Artist type discs.

- Other error reporting logic (lets me know about other errors before committing to the change of a filename - everything is on-screen with a Visible confirmation (to show what will happen and allow verification before it does!)

- 'Custom' search allows you to find songs by Artist, Title or any other matching phrase (i.e., find all 'Beatles' songs)
- Use 'Custom' search in cooperation with 'Custom' output allows you to create consistent Artist naming conventions (i.e., replace all "Beatles" with "Beatles, The" or "The Beatles" - your choice!) - I bought one set of discs that have '[karaoke]' in the filename - this automatically removes that...
- 'FolderName' output allows you to name all the files in the directory to the folder name (for single-artist or album name, etc.)

(feature in the works - today, hopefully.....)
- Automatic Track Numbering automatically numbers the tracks (duh....!) when there is none. For example, many discs come as an Artist Name yet have no number on the track. This feature will automatically provide those numbers, sorted by 'Artist', 'Title' or 'None' (as found in the folder).

(future - though 'soon'...)
- ID3 support - for importing song names (the issue I see with this is that a LOT of songs I have don't have any ID3 names, or they are WRONG! This includes several SoundChoice discs I bought. Before I can implement this, I need to have correct (and consistent) naming (which is why I am working on that first!)
- ID3 update - once files are 'clean', we can update the ID3 to the correct information, automatically! Then, these files will work with a ID3 supported player, showing the Title, Artist, etc. correctly.

Karaoke Request Kiosk ('beta' version only so far, but works great!)
Turns your computer into a full-featured request kiosk! Using your filenames (cleaned with 'Fixer', of course!) or an imported .csv file (from KPro, for example - my first use...), you can instantly have a 'type-n-search' request kiosk. No more bulky, constantly in need of new printing, books to keep up with, this Request Kiosk allows you to set up a separate computer for requests and immediately find the song you want to sing!

(future/soon - have to test/verify it, but should work as my 'technology' is a web-based server.... - some of the below is my own 'wish'/'expectation' list.....)
WIRELESS Karaoke Request Kiosk (support for iPhone, Android, laptops and more)
Should be able to access the Request Kiosk from any wireless capable device, request your next song from your seat! Web-style interface, fully supported on mobile devices as the 'technology' I'm using should support it - just webpages!]

(future - thinking about it, for this if/when it becomes a 'product'.... - not difficult to do, just takes some time and not sure if it is 'interesting' for that many.....)
- solo singer 'pop-up' (seriously need a decent name for this...!)
Select a song from the Karaoke Request Kiosk and then click 'play it' to automatically launch!
Selection of a .cdg program will open your favorite karaoke player (tested/works very well with Siglos Player 2...)
Selection of a .mp3/.wav/etc. will open in your favorite music player
(now, here's the 'hook'...!) if your music (non-karaoke) file has an identically named .txt file in the same folder, we'll open that up in the browser window, formatted as you like it (large letters, auto-scroll [oh, another 'dream' feature...] etc.!) - I have several songs with only the music and .txt file - 'someday' I'll get them all into a .cdg using the Siglos product, but for now, I still want to sing them and this gives me a way to do it......
Most people will get the karaoke builder program, but this is a 'poor man's version, to work with in the meantime....

Soloist Random Playlist Builder
Many karaoke programs offer a playlist builder, though none I've seen allow a soloist that knows HUNDREDS of songs to really 'show your stuff' and have a variety of songs in the program.
The ID3 'Genre' selection provides some options, though still lacks the personal touch.
This program allows the soloist to categorize all the songs you know - in your own categories (up to 10 'levels'). Each song is then categorized into various levels (ex: 'Slow Favorites', 'Power', 'Show Off', etc. might be levels you want for "My Way" or any song that you really shine with). Then, when you are ready to create a songlist, you can select a pre-designed template or make your own 'mix' to get that "just right" playlist for the night! This is much like a radio show song mixer, playing 'Top40' at the top of the hour, then a 'recent hit' or two, an 'Oldies', etc.....

This 'random selection of my best songs' playlist will import directly into Siglos Player for a "NEW" show every night!

(screenshot here.... ;)
Create your playlist from:
[Genre] Oldies, etc. from the ID3 genre tag
Power
Smooth
Smooth
Rock-n-Roll
Top40
Slow
Slow Favorites
Easy Listening
etc...
etc...
etc...

The system will automatically fill in the playlist from your 'level' choices or the ID3 tag (in the case of '[Genre] Oldies' or other standard genre name).

Each song will only be picked one time per 'session'/playlist created.

You also have the option to 'stay on time' and create a playlist that lasts only X minutes (let's say you sing for 4 hours total, with 45 minutes on and take 15 minute breaks, you can select that and the program will create multiple playlists for you) [OK, this feature is not yet working, but it is on my 'heavy' wish list! ]

Well, that's a beginning on the 'features' list - some made up just as I was typing this (but not far out there either, once I get on it).

So, is this kind of what you are looking for as well? I am very interested in what others think about these features and am happy to share the 'beta' program (should be in a week or two) for those that will provide me feedback.

If this is something that many want, I can make it a 'product' - with, of course, a 'cut' to the Siglos folks as a 'thanks' for stiring my creativity into making some really useful 'tools' for my (and others) karaoke show (and all that work with/complement the Siglos program - I have no desire to make a player when they do it so well!)
Alberta Redneck

Post by Alberta Redneck »

Sorry to say guitarra vieja That private messages on this board has been disabled. :( Why I do not know. I would be interesting in your program for sure.
Alberta Redneck :D
Is there another way that I could contact you?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

This is an impressive list of features. We might steal one or two ideas, however some of them (like searching for duplicates/mismatched songs) are already in the making.
guitarra vieja

Post by guitarra vieja »

Piotr wrote:This is an impressive list of features. We might steal one or two ideas, however some of them (like searching for duplicates/mismatched songs) are already in the making.
Glad you like the 'list' (and thrilled you feel it is 'impressive'!) - now, if I can only get them all to 'features'! ;) As the code grows, so do the number of 'gotchas' - and bugs!

But, I've only been working on this for a couple months in 'spare time', so I'm pretty happy with the results. I do plan to have a 'beta' for those interested in helping me 'tweak' it in a few more weeks.

I kinda figured you guys would implement some of the things into the PK software eventually - really, some of the things 'ought' to be and/or would be better served there, while some of them are really only 'support tools' for folks like me (particular about getting a 'clean' list, etc.).

For some of these ideas/features, it would be nice to integrate into the KPPro database (like creating the 'random/custom' playlist for singers in my program and then adding them to the playlist - seems like many 'pros' could use that sort of feature) - how about you guys make a API for that (and/or some way to import the playlist)?

I'll keep in touch on here about the program as it seems there is some interest - I'm finalizing the "auto-track numbering" right now, then I think I'll hit the wireless kiosk a bit more (that is what I really wanted when I started all this - but to get there, I need the clean list first!).
guitarra vieja

Post by guitarra vieja »

A quick update on the program....
guitarra vieja wrote:File Fixer
A program to update/change filenames to a consistent parser format - makes it a lot simpler to import.

NOW WORKING!
- Automatic Track Numbering automatically numbers the tracks (duh....!) when there is none. For example, many discs come as an Artist Name yet have no number on the track. This feature will automatically provide those numbers, sorted by 'Artist', 'Title' or 'None' (as found in the folder).

NOW WORKING!
WIRELESS Karaoke Request Kiosk (support for iPhone, Android, laptops and more) - ALL WIRELESS DEVICES with web browser are able to access the Request Kiosk from any wireless capable device! Fully tested and easy to work, type 3 letters (or more) and songs matching Artist or Title start appearing instantly! (this works locally or wirelessly, with a router...)
Also NOW WORKING! - though it wasn't on my original list, but since Piotr mentioned it, I included it - is 'Find Duplicate Files'.

I'll try to get the ID3 in/out stuff done this weekend (we don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Ecuador! - got a real funny look when I asked..... :roll:

Other features may wait for a bit - I would like to get these out to be 'beta tested' by others as they seem to be the desirable ones (oh, and the 'sign up with your email' thing - I'll get that done on the kiosk as well!)

- still working on 'REQUEST THIS' in the kiosk (see Mrlarson's message), though - not sure how to best implement it since the PRO database is proprietary (without a 'hook' into it to add/deny/etc., will have to do it through Windows messaging or something where the KJ will have control, but still have to add the 'accepteds' to PRO manually [adding it to a Player playlist is possible - the playlist could be refreshed every so often....] - open for ideas on how you would like to see that work!)
guitarra vieja

Post by guitarra vieja »

Dana48457 wrote:If going this far why not have them log in with a valid email address that way the DJ can build a data base of emails of people to contact when changing gigs or something special and they want to let there singers know.
OK, working on this email address 'log in' and have questions on how you would like to see it implemented (yes, your input is important and highly requested!
Here's a screenshot of the kiosk page (accessible via mobile phone or terminal, etc.) as it is right now (future will let you put your own colors, header graphic - maybe even custom text..... - all depends on your input - just like the Siglos stuff....) Image

I think that having the 'request' as a first thing is better - they get used to the interface and comfortable that they are progressing with getting to sing (if you put "enter your email before you get to sing" - I think many won't like that!).

What I'm thinking for the next page is to have them enter their NAME and a "We'd like your email so we can tell you from anyone else with the same name" kind of thing - and then a checkbox that says "I want to hear about future events, etc. - CONTACT ME!" sort of thing (may need a disclaimer about "we don't sell your email, we just want to contact you with event dates" or something (YES, there are a lot of "somethings" when you are developing - tons of questions need to be answered and options considered..... - which is why I need your input!)

Another option to consider is - what about a feature that sends them a 'confirmation code' that, once entered, allows them the option to see their previously selected requests (sorted/pulled up by VENUE?) or they can get a new song. This data could include such things as key change they like, etc. (oh, yeah, that's another decision - and extra programming.... ;). I like the confirmation email/code thing because it makes sure you have a valid email address (or they won't have the code...), but there is a 'gotcha' with that as you may be at an event that doesn't have internet active (is that really a problem - in the US maybe not?) and so the emails won't go out until the next time you connect to the internet and then they would have to enter that code the next time they come in. Thoughts, please!

For the time being, I'm just going to ask for a name on the next screen (which will look like this one) and then have a 'send song request' button on there [still looking for a good solution to send the request info on the LAN - there used to be a nice Windows feature but they have taken it out in some recent versions and so that is a setback for my 'hi-feature' release] - the kiosk mode may only be a replacement for books, for now, where they will get the song info and have to write it on paper..... (but, at least it is wireless!8)

Good news is, this screenshot was taken just after 'cleaning' several thousand filenames of various Title - Artist combos and using 'automatic numbering' with 'automatic disk name' to get the DiscID and Track number you see in the shot (i.e., those features work well.... - and, for 32000+ files, it takes only about 3 minutes... ;) and then importing them into Siglos Pro, exporting that to a .csv and importing that into what we are now 'officially' calling "Karaoke Pro Tools" - a name that I think suits what we are doing quite well (yes, I could just save the data directly, but I wanted to test the import of the Siglos Pro database into the kiosk...)

I trust all this makes sense.

One last thing - I would like to take this discussion (other than 'it works' updates, etc.) to another location (as it is development talk, I think it should be somewhere else?) - open for suggestions! I can put up a webpage or even a 'forum', though that takes away from development time in trying to implement, etc.

Again, suggestions are openly encouraged and cordially welcomed!
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

before getting to this page have a 1st page that says enter email address and hit enter to search for and enter song. Then have that email address stored on the DJ computer so that it can be accessed at a later date to send out emails to let singers know that they are starting a new gig at a new location. Could be a title page that could be set up to include the DJ name, company name, and a short message That could be changed by the DJKJ.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

songbookdb
kanelo

Post by kanelo »

guitarra vieja wrote:
Dana48457 wrote:If going this far why not have them log in with a valid email address that way the DJ can build a data base of emails of people to contact when changing gigs or something special and they want to let there singers know.
OK, working on this email address 'log in' and have questions on how you would like to see it implemented (yes, your input is important and highly requested!
Here's a screenshot of the kiosk page (accessible via mobile phone or terminal, etc.) as it is right now (future will let you put your own colors, header graphic - maybe even custom text..... - all depends on your input - just like the Siglos stuff....) Image
I'm very interested on the wireless karaoke request kiosk, where can I founf more information?

[email protected]

Regards
guitarra vieja

Post by guitarra vieja »

kanelo wrote:I'm very interested on the wireless karaoke request kiosk, where can I founf more information?

[email protected]

Regards
I'm finishing up on an 'online demo' (using my Siglos database) - should have it finished by tonight.

I was sick last week and didn't get as much done as I'd like, but the KIOSK portion is working very well now (spent a massive amount of time figuring out how to get Spanish to work well, but now, I can support darn-near any language {some base tests with Russian, Itallian, French, etc. tested and working!}

LOTS of additional features added as well;
- lookup Spanish and other languages with 'similar' letters by typing English (i.e., the accented Spanish character songs come up as well as those that for some reason don't have them correct - a really great time saver in looking up that song!)
- SCROLLING BANNERS - somebody asked for Marketing Messages to show up on the KIOSK, well, now they do! Working on a 'default' batch where you can have your 'standard' messages and then 'hot topic' ones will come up as they come in
- KJ Notifier(sm) - couldn't find any notification software that I liked, so I just built it myself. When a song is requested via the KIOSK, the KJ gets a message on the screen with the request. They then copy/paste into Siglos the name, song, etc. and click 'close' to get to the next song (sorry, no direct integration into Siglos KPro - yet..... {they have a 'locked' database that I hope to 'talk' to someday...} ;)
- TWITTER is supported - get Tweets on the KJ Notifier and accept them to pass them along to the KIOSK and/or 'Marketing Manager' (working name - still in development... - a screen to hold all types of marketing messages, scrolling text, etc. and sit 'behind' the singer screen so your marketing stuff will be seen while folks are singing!)

Also added a ton of configuration options where you can customize the screen colors and such (more to come - there are many, many more to come - this will have a lot of personal customization flexibility when it is 'done'!)

Well, that is all I can think of right now - I'll post the link when I get the online demo finished (should be in a few hours...)
guitarra vieja

Post by guitarra vieja »

Just wanted to follow up on my update - - -

I put the files on the server and went to configure the database.......

Something went screwy on the server and I spent nearly two hours just getting to the point they said "we are making a ticket - will let you know when it is fixed...." (describing my frustration and anger at this does no good, so I will just leave it at that!)

No idea what happened, I entered the data, set the permissions, etc., though it constantaly tells me "user denied" - both with my newly configured data name as well as even trying to go in directly from their Control Panel!

It has been several hours and their Tech Support still hasn't called me back!

At least it has given me more time to work on the real 'product' - and I've gotten some bugs fixed, made some stuff work faster, etc., so it isn't time lost.

Hopefully they will get their database issues worked out (they told me they had to do some re-config on the server - weird, but anyway....) and we will have a live 'demo' tomorrow evening.

Thanks to all for your interest in this KIOSK program (but, don't forget, the main program is also 'necessary' - in order to have a clean database to put into the KIOSK!).

Oh, and we also came up with a 'best way' idea on the KIOSK to get email addresses as well as names - won't be in the online demo right away, but a couple days more....

For those that have additional questions/requests, you can contact me via KaraokeProTools AT CashFlowProducts.com (of course, replace the " AT " with a @ - I prefer not to get 'certain' types of emails - like those from robots......)

Steve