Siglos Karaoke Professional

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

guitarra vieja

The BETA version of 'Karaoke Pro Tools'

Post by guitarra vieja »

Nearly there.......

Seems every time I say "I'm done!", I recall something else that needs work....., but, thankfully, those are very few now!

And, then, there's those 'easy' ones that I put off for awhile and when I get into it, I find that "Microsoft is not compatible with that" in some form or another (I spent all weekend working on a 'easy' one that turned out much bigger than I thought and then spent all day yesterday figuring out how to get around an issue with Internet Explorer [worked first time in Chrome and Firefox, but IE......] but got it late last night).

I was ready to 'build' today, but then I woke up this morning and realized that I need to finish the 'Enter Your Email' feature (Name works, but I have an issue with that - see below) - I want to build a storage area for those that give an Email address and as a 'reason' for them to give the email, we'll keep their PERSONAL list of songs they sing (this feature was requested on the forum). That is simple enough (as I get into finishing it - I have the 'core' done), but my issue is with the 'one-off' singer and how to avoid duplicates.

Just how should I handle the 'one-off' singer?

Here's the scenario: 'Joe' comes up to the kiosk for his first time ever singing. He is nervous about it, but wants to maybe try. When he goes to look, he is OK about entering his first name, but an Email is 'intrusive' (which is why I don't want it as a first entry point!). So, he enters 'Joe' and selects a song.

Now, 'Joe' (whom we all know, because he comes around every time there is a show - yeah, he sings the same song all the time, but we love him....... ;) comes in - a bit later than usual, but he heads over to the kiosk and wants to enter his name (he's one of those 'weird' people that doesn't have an email account......).

And, of course, a bit later, 'Joe' comes in (the big bruiser bully that always demands his song is 'next' no matter what rotation...... - always a problem guy, but in person, it is possible to explain and you've always worked around it.....)

Well, you get the idea - multiples of one name.......

How do you handle that 'manually'? Just how should it be handled in the software?

What I did was to just 'reserve' the name for the night (configurable in the software, with a default of 5 hours....). Worked great, until 'Joe' wanted to sing another song! Yep, he was locked out as well as 'Joe' (#2 and #3...)!!!! How to allow the 'real' 'Joe' to get another song? One thing I thought of was to present them with a new login 'name' (code) that was simple enough to remember for the night (even after a couple drinks) - perhaps 'Joe1', or something - to make it unique for the night????

Scenarios like this are what makes programming so tasking - while a person may just 'handle it' in an instant, we have to tell the program what to do, step by step, in such a situation.

That's where I have been 'stuck' for awhile and now, before I can release the beta, I really have to address it.

Your thoughts and input are most welcomed!

Steve
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

I know of no one that has a smart phone that doesn't have an E-mail address. and for those that don't they can still fill out a song slip. This would take care of Joe 1 and Joe 2. or how ever many Joe's there are. First name with first Initial of last name and email then it would be easy to sort them.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

when i was using slips i had it say
"please add your last name too, we have many Joe's, Mike's, Jen's..."

Post by Guest »

how about nickname instead of last name
guitarra vieja

UPDATE and NEWS....... (some good, some bad.....)

Post by guitarra vieja »

Good suggestions, all, thanks.

I have implemented a user-configurable text (for many of the 'help' and online statements - this allows for multi-language as well as you can say what you like to your singers....).

NOW, for NEWS.......

The first BETA release is now OUT! Two people have it and have started giving suggestions, so BETA 0.02 will come out soon. (if you want to sign up for BETA testing, there's a link below).

I hesitate to tell this, but I really need to say it.....
Last week (on the 20th), my beloved Aunt passed away suddenly. As she lived in Oklahoma, it would be a difficult trip for me to go (I'm still in Ecuador...). I spoke with my Mother, whom she was living near (my Mom moved to a nursing home nearby her sister...) and she agreed that I didn't need to make that trip.

However, (I know, it is unbelievable to me, too), yesterday (25th), I got a call that my Mother passed away at the nursing home. I was going to call her with the news that the BETA was ready and just as I was finishing up and sending the info to the testers, I got a call from my brother........

The whole family is, of course, in a total mixup, though everyone has agreed on a double memorial service this Thursday.....

I have spoken with family members and have decided to stay here and continue to work with the children where I'm teaching English (some volunteer work in a local school substituting for the regular teacher) - I think both my Aunt and Mother would say that the kids are important (I promised them an end-of-school-year party if they study well and they are doing great - I think it is important to keep that promise.....). Also, I want to support the BETA on this program. (what to do in such situations - WOW, is it emotionally stressing!)

Anyway (I know, it sounds like a wild story - I can't quite grasp it myself...) I am dedicating this program to the memory of both these wonderful women, and especially my Mother who supported my 'passion' for computers for over 35 years (she bought us an Apple ][e when they first came out...). I will put all the effort I can into making this program as useful, friendly and helpful to others as both these ladies were.

All that being said, I want to thank those who have supported the development of this to this point and provided input and interest. I trust you will use this program to benefit your business.

Now, I want to focus my energy on my promise above, and am looking for additional testers! If you are interested, please visit
http://CashFlowProducts.com/KaraokeProTools to sign up for BETA testing (version 0.01 out now, 0.02 will be out soon).
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Will your program run side by side with karaoke pro only? Will the song request go directly into karaoke pro's que or will the kj still need to enter the request into karaoke pro? I'm hoping your program will send the request into karaoke pro's que. BTW you do have Piotr's and Adams permission to advertise your product on their website right? I will purchase karaoke pro's program as well as any enhancement program only from their website.
guitarra vieja

Post by guitarra vieja »

hornet59 wrote:Will your program run side by side with karaoke pro only?
It is being designed to work with Siglos Karaoke Professional, though should work with other programs (I only own the Siglos product and am creating these tools to work side-by-side)
hornet59 wrote: Will the song request go directly into karaoke pro's que or will the kj still need to enter the request into karaoke pro? I'm hoping your program will send the request into karaoke pro's que.
This kinda goes along with the next question, but I'll answer it separately in that, I hope to one day be able to integrate it, but it is (until/unless they want it to be) a stand-alone as the Siglos product uses a proprietary database (i.e., no open integration currently available), so the KJ will get the requests and then copy the info into the Siglos product to create the rotation.
hornet59 wrote: BTW you do have Piotr's and Adams permission to advertise your product on their website right? I will purchase karaoke pro's program as well as any enhancement program only from their website.
They have read and commented on this thread. As they have not deleted any of it, nor asked me to not discuss this application, I think they are not opposed to this discussion. As to if they will place the finished product on their site, that has not been discussed (primararly, I believe, because until they see what it is/does, such a discussion could not take place). Would I be open so such a thing? OF COURSE. Just as I would like to (once the program is 'proven effective') be deemed 'worthy' to integrate the accepted request (sent to the KJ - once it is approved) into the Siglos product to make it as seemless as possible.

But, until the product is more proven and they have a chance to look it over and decide more about it, etc. those things are just too early to discuss.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Well I'm hoping that it will integrate with KP seamlessly. I am looking forward to buying it as long as the request will go directly into KP without the KJ assistance.
guitarra vieja

Post by guitarra vieja »

hornet59 wrote:Well I'm hoping that it will integrate with KP seamlessly. I am looking forward to buying it as long as the request will go directly into KP without the KJ assistance.
Glad to hear you are interested in the program and, again, I will do my best to be 'worthy' of getting a "hook" (as it is known in programming) for seamless integration into the Siglos product for entering requests, though until/unless they grant that, this will be a stand-alone product.

In the meantime, some NEWS is that I have several BETA testers now and am getting good feedback on the program.

We have even implemented several new features that have been requested by the BETA team.

UPDATE (Steve): BETA 0.02 FIXES/CHANGES from BETA 0.01
- New for KIOSK
kiosk_local_song_selection_timeout and kiosk_remote_song_selection_timeout
Allows the KJ operator to configure different timers for song selection than for name/email/initial 3 letters for song entry (which is one timer for all connections under kiosk_screen_timeout). This allows the KJ to grant more time for wireless users to browse the song list.

- New for KARAOKE KIOSK
options for KJ to change the size of the 'Submit' button and font (makes it easier to see on a wireless device)
for LOCAL kiosk_local_button_width. kiosk_local_button_height, kiosk_local_button_font_size,
for REMOTE kiosk_remote_button_width, kiosk_remote_button_height, kiosk_remote_button_font_size

- included twitter_automatic_acceptance function, which allows the KJ to automatically accept Twitter Tweets. This feature is "unchecked" by default (i.e, the KJ must approve all Tweets).

- STAND ALONE KARAOKE KIOSK goes directly to the song selection (does not require ANY log-in name/email - no need for it as there is no KJ Notifier, etc.). “STAND ALONE KIOSK” mode is anytime there is not any sort of outside connection to the computer (no LAN, etc.) - several checks are done that may invoke this state (including loss of connection after starting with a connection).

- WIRELESS KIOSK has the option to bypass the email requirement
kiosk_bypass_email = "checked"
by default this is "unchecked" (i.e., requires email on remote connections). Turning this feature to "checked" takes the user to the 'name/email' screen so they still have the option to use an email if they want [necessary for future feature of saving their songs, etc.]

- PRIORITY ROTATION selection for users that provide an email address (they are put at the top of the request queue)
kiosk_priority_rotation_for_singers_with_email = “checked” (default is “unchecked”). Of course, Siglos Karaoke Professional handles the rotation, but this gives the KJ one more 'reason' to get their email address for later marketing purposes! (it should give a slight 'edge' to early signups in a busy room - also for any 'manual' rotation system).

- MULTIPLE REQUESTS PER VISIT/LOGIN allows the singer to request up to the number of songs you set in kiosk_song_requests_per_visit in the .ini file. Default is “1” (only one song per visit/login), the program has no maximum limit. All song requests will queue in KJ Notifier as they come in (i.e., if multiple wireless users, they come in as if they were a new song, not all at once, which also helps when doing manual rotation). Because of the “live” update ability of the KPT.ini configuration file, it is possible to set this number high in the first part of your night and set it lower as the crowds come in (or vice versa)!

Have a few bugs to fix and then BETA 0.02 will be out (looking at Monday).

Still getting requests for BETA testers (THANKS!) and have room for a few more.

As always, thanks for your comments/suggestions and support!
guitarra vieja

Post by guitarra vieja »

Just released BETA 0.02 to the testers.

If you would like to sign up as a tester, please visit
http://CashFlowProducts.com/KaraokeProTools

We have room for several more (my 'practical' support limit is 20, though 'actual' varies on the requests [and bugs...;] input)

Things are looking pretty good (I think) - and a 'stable' version should be fairly soon (my goal is to release it mid-July).

With more BETA testers reporting things (good and bad), we can get there quicker, so if you are thinking about - or ever thought about, being a BETA TESTER, please visit the link and sign up!
http://CashFlowProducts.com/KaraokeProTools

Thanks!
guitarra vieja

We are up to BETA 0.0306.....

Post by guitarra vieja »

Moving along on this project - wireless remote karaoke request Kiosk is working well (a few bugs here/there and several feature requests from the BETA team - all coming along quickly).

Still looking for a BETA tester (or three....) - if you are willing to put up with a couple 'gotchas' here/there, you are welcome to join us!

Want to follow along on the discussion and/or put your input into the project? We have a discussion forum (uses the same software as here) for Karaoke Pro Tools at http://CashFlowProducts.com/Support where you can read what is going on and we welcome your comments on the product.

Currently, it looks like we will have the full-blown wireless request kiosk ready for release in a few more weeks (at least, an initial version) as we are nearing a 'stable' version right now. Goal date is July 4 (hey, why not - a "freedom from paper karaoke request books" kind of thing!), so if you want to get YOUR feature in there, now is the time to comment on it.

Thanks to all the BETA testers for their help - certainly it would not be this far along without their constant input and support!
guitarra vieja

Post by guitarra vieja »

A quick update on our Karaoke Pro Tools package - we have been BETA testing for several weeks and have gotten a very nice response from our testers.

We have just released BETA 0.0500 and it is expected to be a 'final', ready for public release version (unless we find a few bugs), that we want to go out in the next few days (by the end of JULY, for sure!).

It has all the TOOLS for renaming files, ID3 updates, and of course, the most desirable one - wireless karaoke kiosk which serves all types of smartphones and wireless devices.

Many have been watching our progress through the support site - you are welcome to take a look! http://CashFlowProducts.com/Support

I will update more when the product has had a couple days for the testers to 'beat it up'. I know many are looking for this to be released - thanks for your patience, I'm sure you will be happy with the product (and, we will be offering a year of free updates as well!)
guitarra vieja

Software package is READY for download - FREE 30-day trial!

Post by guitarra vieja »

Ready to take your Karaoke show WIRELESS? Tired of the constant updates needed for printed books for your karaoke song list?

Well, now there's Karaoke Pro Tools - with Wireless Karaoke Kiosk software that takes the pain out of paper and puts the power of requests right in the palm of your audience's hands!

Instantly receive song requests in the order they come in with KJ Notifier! No more "I was first" complaints!

Singers access the wireless karaoke kiosk from a smartphone, laptop, tablet or other wireless device! Song requests are simple - enter your stage name, then three or more letters of the Title OR Artist name and instantly receive all matching songs from the database. Click to instantly send the request to the KJ - Couldn't be more simple!

UNLIMITED Multiple Venues too! Professional KJs work many locations, all with their own style and flavor. With Karaoke Pro Tools, changing the venue color scheme, KIOSK Welcome Screen and other venue-specific settings takes just a click! Go from "Country Joe's Bar" to "Rock City" in just one second! With unlimited venues possible, you can even change the 'mood' of your event 'on the fly' - going from soft, cool colors to fire red throughout the night!

Streaming announcements keep your audience updated with latest specials, "I'm here all week", contact info and more - whatever you like, delivered directly to the wireless device while they are looking through the songlist. You can't get better 'targeting' for your market! All announcement scrollers are saved with your venue, keeping everything organized and updating the announcements instantly!

Today's social active networks are alive with all kinds of messages from all kinds of people. Karaoke Pro Tools has Twitter Tweets directly integrated into the system where you can easily add the 'stream' from Twitter right into your announcement scroller! Keep your audience watching the chat (and your messages!). Tap into the stream with your own keywords and/or phrases to keep the audience interested. Have a "pick the stream" game where the audience gives you keywords/phrases to watch for some time - then give a prize for the person that picked the 'best' one of the night! The options are endless - just like the talk on Twitter!

Powerful selection and renaming tools are right there at your fingertips, helping you create a consistent filename structure for your entire library of karaoke songs. Karaoke discs follow a variety of naming conventions with Artist, Title, Disc ID and Track Number being in various order for every type of disc. With Karaoke Pro Tools, it takes only a few seconds to reorder and rename thousands of songs to your own, personalized style, making finding just the song you want a super-easy task! Instantly find all "Beatles, The" songs and rename them to "The Beatles" (or vice versa!). Add DiscID and Track Number or your own CUSTOM naming in just a flash! ID3 tag support for all major file types too!

This powerful collection of tools for every KJ is now available for release - with a 30-day FREE trial period!

Yes, we are so confident that you will find this software a valuable part of your show, we are offering it to you for a 'test drive' - free for thirty days! Find out more and grab your copy today! Go, right now, http://CashFlowProducts.com/KaraokeProTools
Alberta Redneck

Post by Alberta Redneck »

What a great and useful program. The only thing they missed on the features that they have included which is important to me is when the singer selects a song it gives them the choice to have the key put up or down so they can match their voice for the song. They have also included just in case you clicked the wrong song in error a confirm and reject key. Now you have all your songs available for your singers and no need to read them pieces of paper in the dark with their selections. You get the exact song just right on the fly.

Bryan Moore
missminime1234

Error

Post by missminime1234 »

I downloaded the file from the link given in the previous post. I clicked on the 30 day free trial after I downloaded the file from my email. It opened up but it wanted me to update since it was out of date. Once I updated, it tells me the file has been tampered with and will not let me log on to try the trial. I tried to re download but I get the same response. I was thinking it may still be recognizing it on my PC so I found the file and tried to delete it (in my program files.. Its not showing in the add/remove folder) but it will not let me delete all the files. I tried to go to the support page for the program but it tells me there is an error there as well. Is this program closed?