Ver 2.0.70

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

Dana, have you checked the firewall settings on your main comp? maybe something there?
or, just for giggles, at home, turn off all firewalls and antivirus for a few minutes and see if it works on your home network.
if it does, that gives us a starting point to troubleshoot.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Thanks, Guys, I have tried everything I have knowledge of how to do. Gave up and have back up computer set up to do the gig this weekend. I will have to get someone with more knowledge than me to help me out. I have a guru that helps me every now and then when I can catch him lol but in the meantime, I can still use KJP and learn the ins and outs I will keep doing research and if I find anything I'll let everyone know what I find.
cdakaraoke

dana

Post by cdakaraoke »

dana, just a thought, check to see if your network is set for public or home. Can't remember how to do that off hand but you could google it. Sometimes win 10 comps will set itself to public which blocks a lot of stuff.
cdakaraoke

time and date added

Post by cdakaraoke »

Just noticed that the time and date added for a song is wrong. It's like 20 hours ahead..I am using the latest skp update i think it's 30. The remote system works great btw..

Thank you poitr..
djgaryc

Post by djgaryc »

well.... I can't get it to connect. I use the QR code feature to prevent people from getting the address wrong. The screen on my phone just spins then times out!

Both devices connected to my home wi-fi for testing
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Gary when you say you can't get it to connect, are you using your gig's router? If you can connect at home using your personal wifi, but it won't connect at your gig then it sounds like it's the router at your gig's location that is blocking the connection. I bring my own router to my gigs, this way I know that I'll have a good connection. Just food for thought.
djgaryc

Post by djgaryc »

hornet59 wrote:Gary when you say you can't get it to connect, are you using your gig's router? If you can connect at home using your personal wifi, but it won't connect at your gig then it sounds like it's the router at your gig's location that is blocking the connection. I bring my own router to my gigs, this way I know that I'll have a good connection. Just food for thought.
I was just trying to connect at come. The laptop on the same Wi-Fi as my phone. I scanned all 3 QR codes that the software can generate. No luck.

What would be nice in the software would be a 'preview' screen of what the users phone would look like each time you click and change settings. For example, change logos etc.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

OK so I understand both your laptop and phone are connected to your home wifi but you can't get the browser to display KP's request screen right? In KP's Remote Queue Settings screen in the Local Server Port try using 80. By using 80 as your Local Server Port you won't have to enter the :6803 after the IP address in your brower's address. Just enter the IP address that KP assigns. For example if KP assigns 192.168.1.2 just enter it exactly as assigned without the colon and the port that follows.
djgaryc

Post by djgaryc »

hornet59 wrote:OK so I understand both your laptop and phone are connected to your home wifi but you can't get the browser to display KP's request screen right? In KP's Remote Queue Settings screen in the Local Server Port try using 80. By using 80 as your Local Server Port you won't have to enter the :6803 after the IP address in your brower's address. Just enter the IP address that KP assigns. For example if KP assigns 192.168.1.2 just enter it exactly as assigned without the colon and the port that follows.
Thanks hornet59. I will give it a try later
djgaryc

Post by djgaryc »

hornet59 wrote:OK so I understand both your laptop and phone are connected to your home wifi but you can't get the browser to display KP's request screen right? In KP's Remote Queue Settings screen in the Local Server Port try using 80. By using 80 as your Local Server Port you won't have to enter the :6803 after the IP address in your brower's address. Just enter the IP address that KP assigns. For example if KP assigns 192.168.1.2 just enter it exactly as assigned without the colon and the port that follows.
Afternoon Hornet.

Right, I've has done what I think you suggested, and currently it's not doing a great deal.

I've added screen shots so you can see. Currently as I type, the phone is still white screen. I think I read on here somewhere saying it takes about 10 minutes to download the database? - Maybe this is the cause of the white screen?

Karaoke Laptop Screen
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nivjplwlz0fhc ... n.jpg?dl=0

Phone Screen
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xr8ule3ih1hi1 ... t.jpg?dl=0

Sorry in advance, I should have kept up and followed when this was all released.

Regards
Gary
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Gary, are you using a firewall program?

Piotr

Do you have any suggestions to help solve Gary's problem?
djgaryc

Post by djgaryc »

hornet59 wrote:Gary, are you using a firewall program?
Yes, bitdefendet I think it's called (new instal as McAfee brought the machine to an almost standstill as it's renewal time)
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

When you run SKP, see if turning off your firewall solves your problem. The program might be stopping your connection. Can you use the remote feature by opening a browser on the laptop that is running SKP?
djgaryc

Post by djgaryc »

hornet59 wrote:When you run SKP, see if turning off your firewall solves your problem. The program might be stopping your connection. Can you use the remote feature by opening a browser on the laptop that is running SKP?
I will give it a go now. The other laptop is a DJ MacBook Pro so hopefully safari works
djgaryc

Post by djgaryc »

djgaryc wrote:
hornet59 wrote:When you run SKP, see if turning off your firewall solves your problem. The program might be stopping your connection. Can you use the remote feature by opening a browser on the laptop that is running SKP?
I will give it a go now. The other laptop is a DJ MacBook Pro so hopefully safari works
Guess What :shock: ... Didn't work :?

I turned off my firewall. I even granted access in private networks and public access for SKP when the windows defender popped up saying blocked.

The phone white screened as before as did the Mac.

The catch setting on the kiosk screen refreshed and completed.

When I turned the firewall back on, I checked to see if the firewall was blocking when active but it had full access.

Thanks for the help hornet59

Regards
Gary