Ver 2.0.70

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Gary

Is your network set on public or private? Setting it on public will block connections to KP unless it is allowed. I have mine set on private, but changed it to public and I couldn't connect to SKP. I switched it back to private and connected instantly. Check and see, hopefully that is the problem.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i'm watching this thread closely.
i'm going to say it's a router issue, but i don't know which one.
i say that because i use the system at all venues with no problem....except one.
i have one place where it absolutely refuses to allow anyone to connect to the system even though they are on the right network. but if i use another network (like using my phone as a wifi hotspot and connecting kiosks through there) it works fine, there is only the problem when on the bars network.
djgaryc

Post by djgaryc »

hornet59 wrote:Gary

Is your network set on public or private? Setting it on public will block connections to KP unless it is allowed. I have mine set on private, but changed it to public and I couldn't connect to SKP. I switched it back to private and connected instantly. Check and see, hopefully that is the problem.
Right then, I do not know how to change my settings at home and no doubt i'd break something connected to it so I've come to a bar where I do karaoke weekly to use The Cloud Wi-Fi... didn't work still.

I used my phone as normal. I typed in the address, I scanned the QR code from all 3 QR generator buttons and they either said site couldn't be reached or error.

I've even tried typing it into my own browser on the computer I'm using to see if any fluke that worked, but nope :)

Screen shots for those who need to see what I'm seeing
Laptop https://www.dropbox.com/s/yy0vozq1gg3sf ... 2.jpg?dl=0

Phone Manual https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl6ue5c9iql8g ... t.jpg?dl=0

Phone QR scan
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zix0ewn7o00fw ... r.jpg?dl=0

I have emailed support yesterday but no reply as of yet.

I've looked at buying a router to add to the rig and making it just for karaoke, but they seem very expensive (£150-£200). Plus I'm not sure what I would need as far as spec goes?

Again, thanks for you help :)
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Gary

Just for the heck of it, try using your phone as a hotspot (like Paradigm did) and see if you can connect. If you can, it has to be a router problem like Paradigm mentioned. I'm trying all kind of things on my end to try and recreate your problem, but I just can't figure it out.
cdakaraoke

kiosk

Post by cdakaraoke »

I would use a different port than 80 personally. 80 is default for web pages and it might be conflicting.
Paradigm Karaoke

maybe different parts of the world use different ones, but that is a really odd address i have never seen.
all the ones i know begin with 192.xxx
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

We are currently working on web access to Siglos interface. It would only work if your laptop running Siglos was connected to the internet. Customers would access the remote interface using our server, without using local network.

Local network option will be also available.
djgaryc

Post by djgaryc »

Piotr wrote:We are currently working on web access to Siglos interface. It would only work if your laptop running Siglos was connected to the internet. Customers would access the remote interface using our server, without using local network.

What does that mean to me who has no idea how to get this working using any networks?

I thought Siglos was the karaoke software made by you guys. I'm confused :shock:
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Gary, what IPs are listed in 'Local server network' combo? Just one, or more?
djgaryc

Post by djgaryc »

Piotr wrote:Gary, what IPs are listed in 'Local server network' combo? Just one, or more?
In the posts above I've added screen shots. Hopefully you can look at one and see and swipe left / right as the dropbox folder is only screen shots of my issues :D

I've tried different ports.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yy0vozq1gg3sf ... 2.jpg?dl=0
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Can you please try if you are able to access this on your laptop's browser:

localhost:6803

If you are using different port, substitute 6803 with it. Also please every IP address in Remote Queue Settings.
Paradigm Karaoke

Piotr wrote:We are currently working on web access to Siglos interface.
this is exciting!!!!
djgaryc

Post by djgaryc »

Piotr wrote:Can you please try if you are able to access this on your laptop's browser:

localhost:6803

If you are using different port, substitute 6803 with it. Also please every IP address in Remote Queue Settings.
I will try. I'm sure this was the port for this first failed connection :D

I did email support at the time without reply.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr wrote:We are currently working on web access to Siglos interface. It would only work if your laptop running Siglos was connected to the internet. Customers would access the remote interface using our server, without using local network.

So Piotr, if I don't want to or cannot connect to the internet I can still use the remote interface using a standalone router that is not connected to the internet? Is this what you mean by local network option will also be available?

What features will the web access to Siglos interface add to SKP?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Yes, it will be a separate way to connect customers, local network will be unchanged.

The new feature will just allow users to access a website, enter a show name and then work in the same way as now using the local network. The same screens.