SKP queue idea

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Paradigm Karaoke

SKP queue idea

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

ok, i don't know if i have voiced this before...i lose track of my ideas after a while.
the queue screen on the kiosk could be used for other tv's at venues.
here is what i mean....

a simple $25 android dongle can make any hdmi tv into a simple web enabled pc.
so, we could plug it into a tv in another room, out on the smoking patio, or even right in the main room.
navigate to a special hidden page (for example... 192.168.0.200/queue_display) and have it show the queue on a single big screen.
have that special page (which is NOT shown on the regular kiosk display) refresh every 5 or 10 seconds so it is always up to date (the current one in the kiosk display does not automatically refresh so if people leave it open on a kiosk computer it shows inaccurate rotation information).

using a separate hidden queue page allows for several things....
1) allowing a different number of singers to be shown than the standard queue settings (example... show the next 10 singers on the standard kiosk queue, but only show 4 on the external display)

2) allow for variations in singer name size (example... have the current singer showing at top in black, the next singer in the same large font, second singer slightly smaller, then the rest in a small font. showing priority and "pay attention, you're next" kind of feeling with the larger font)

3) allow to use the countdown timer color coding for next singer (example... i have my countdown timer color set to hit yellow at 1:00 remaining, and red at 30 seconds remaining. have the next singer on the display turn yellow showing 1:00 left and red at 30 seconds left as an extra "get your butt over here" attention grabber type of thing without actually saying it in as many words.)

4) it would allow to add a "show queue only for logged in singers" option (this would let the kiosk show everything but the queue EXCEPT for people that log in themselves, who WOULD be able to see the entire (as much as we want to show) queue instead of the 4 or whatever we decide to show on the big screen for the masses) being a checkbox leaves it up to the host as to how they run their show.

this would essentially create a third display screen without the process overhead and hardware requirements of an actual third display, but something that right now, only one other software offers (and only shows the next 3 singers). something really different.
hornet59

Re: SKP queue idea

Post by hornet59 »

Paradigm

You come up with some really good suggestions! I don't believe I've ever heard this one and I really like it too! Hope it's something easy for Piotr to add!
dragontattoo

Post by dragontattoo »

SKP is??
StepUP

Post by StepUP »

I'm interested.

In the meantime, I point out to people that they can check the queue on their phone.
DFT

Post by DFT »

dragontattoo wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:32 pm SKP is??
Siglos Karaoke Pro
BeJimmieEmets

SKP queue idea

Post by BeJimmieEmets »

1 for recording with a wait feature one bar metronome count in hehehe

I didint catch exactly the Idea. I mean, when I want to save patterns I will not use yet I just put it before the start of the song. In that way these patterns wont count for the music.
But Im thinking, in your idea, if youre saying that the patterns were organized in just one metapattern and played together, It would be great. They could be used with hotkeys too, or/and midi learn like in some other software to make live mixing, allowing kind of dj mode I think its on the to-do list, I think.