Help With Singer Pitch Settings

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

DFT

Help With Singer Pitch Settings

Post by DFT »

Hi ...

I am probably missing an option somewhere ... but this is the issue.

If I add pitch change to a song for a new or existing singer through the 'Add Singer/ Song ...' window when searching the database for a new song not in their history, every song I add to that same singer continues to make the same pitch change.

That works some time, but in my experience a lot of singers (myself included) will ask for a pitch change depending on the pitch of the original song and their own range.

Is there an option setting to make new song selections added to the singer always return to '0' after any pitch change for a prior song, while still retaining the specific pitch change on songs previously added in their history?

In other words I don't want the program to 'think' it knows what pitch change I want for a specific singer, but be required to make that change manually each time.

Hope this is clear? :)
hornet59

Re: Help With Singer Pitch Settings

Post by hornet59 »

Go to settings \ General and check the box next to "Reset Key Changer on New Song"
DFT

Post by DFT »

hornet59 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:05 pm Go to settings \ General and check the box next to "Reset Key Changer on New Song"
Thanks, Hornet!

I'd tried that before, but obviously didn't leave it in place long enough to understand how it worked. I think I interpreted it backwards: that "New Song" meant a song already in the Singer History that was being added into the rotation.

Much appreciated.

DFT
DFT

Post by DFT »

DFT wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:22 pm
hornet59 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:05 pm Go to settings \ General and check the box next to "Reset Key Changer on New Song"
Thanks, Hornet!

I'd tried that before, but obviously didn't leave it in place long enough to understand how it worked.
DFT
Hmmm ... I went there and it was already checked. (Guess I forgot that I'd left it checked.)

But I am not getting the desired behavior I asked about ... for which you state checking this is the solution. Is it possible the 'digital demons' are afflicting me?
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

I think I know what you're talking about. Whenever you bring up the "Add Singer" popup and you select a singer the program will automatically highlight the first song in the singer's history and whatever that song's key is it will show in the key change. There is nothing you can do about that because it is just how SKP works. If you select a song that is not in the singer's history the key change will go to zero.
DFT

Post by DFT »

hornet59 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:28 pm I think I know what you're talking about. Whenever you bring up the "Add Singer" popup and you select a singer the program will automatically highlight the first song in the singer's history and whatever that song's key is it will show in the key change. There is nothing you can do about that because it is just how SKP works. If you select a song that is not in the singer's history the key change will go to zero.
Hornet, if I understand you correctly I am not getting the behavior you describe ... at least when clicking through on a singer in the rotation.

If I click through a singer in the rotation (instead of clicking the 'Add Singer/ Song' the pitch/ key shows default of '0' (zero). However, as soon as I search for any song from that click through the pitch/ key changes to the last change I made, e.g., '-1.'

If this is "just the way it works," it is a ridiculous design flaw and a royal PITA.

DFT