2 issues with kiosk one decidingly in player

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

DannyGsKaraoke

2 issues with kiosk one decidingly in player

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

Issue 1: I run a touchscreen PC for my physical kiosk. The onscreen keyboard does not show up in the submitting screen.

Issue 2 when auto adding to the playlist, it does not take into account any singer who is already in the rotation and adds the request as a new singer.
Piotr
Admin

Re: 2 issues with kiosk one decidingly in player

Post by Piotr »

1. You may enable software keyboard in Remote Queue Settings / Display

2. Are you using secret codes?
DannyGsKaraoke

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

1. Keyboard enabled only works with search.

2. Even with codes it still adds as a new singer.
DannyGsKaraoke

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

Number 2 fix worked but still can't get onscreen keyboard in my pc browser except for searching for songs. To enter singer's names and codes it doesn't appear.
DannyGsKaraoke

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

Any movement towards getting the onscreen keyboard issue resolved. I like to use a touchscreen PC as a kiosk.

I choose PC over tablet because none of the tablets I have had use a way to lock it down.
DannyGsKaraoke

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

Thought I solved the tablet problem but I should have locked it down at home because it decided to walk on me.
DannyGsKaraoke

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

Went to a friend's show who uses Siglos and the kiosk. He's having a strange issue close to an issue that I had but fixed with your help. Certain singers are putting in songs via connectkaraoke.com and while most of them have their songs going into one singer's name in the rotation list, a few are experiencing the list creating more than one entry of the same name in the rotation list everytime they put a song in. Codes are being used and the rule for unique names to be added was set to not allow the same exact name to be added to the rotation list.
karaokegod73

Post by karaokegod73 »

It's solved, maybe.

I entered some songs from my phone (which had always worked fine). I entered songs under different names using the same "secret code" and they all went in fine (no duplicated singer entries). Then I changed the secret code and entered another song. It went in under a new singer. Even after re-entering the original code, all the songs showed up under new singer entries.

Then I disabled cookies in the remote queue settings. After that, I entered songs with the same singer name and code, and they were entered under the original singer queue. I was able to change the code, enter different names, and then change it back. The songs went into the original singer queue (no new entries). The only difference was the slight inconvenience of having to enter the code each time.