Wait For Singer

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

DFT

Wait For Singer

Post by DFT »

'Wait For Singer' stopped functioning.

It was working on the previous version and then stopped. Everything else is functioning as expected.

I downloaded the latest version and installed. It is still not working.

I've tried to uncheck the option, close down and reload the program and then select the option again. It still does not work even though the 'tick' box is checked.

DFT
hornet59

Re: Wait For Singer

Post by hornet59 »

DFT

What do you mean by wait for singer? Are the songs in the que simply playing one after another and not pausing between songs?
DannyGsKaraoke

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

hornet59 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:25 pm DFT

What do you mean by wait for singer? Are the songs in the que simply playing one after another and not pausing between songs?
Wait after singer is supposed to pop up a box asking you what you want to do if a singer doesn't have a song in. Inside the setting dialog there's a setting telling the program to ignore the check box on the face of the rotation screen. Make sure that this is unchecked.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

DFT

The program is working the way it should. I don't understand what kind of problem you're encountering. My version 2.2.1.12 is working just fine.
DFT

Post by DFT »

hornet59 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:23 am DFT

The program is working the way it should. I don't understand what kind of problem you're encountering. My version 2.2.1.12 is working just fine.
Hi Hornet ...

Thanks, as always.

What I mean is that everything in the program is working as expected except for the 'Wait For Singer' function. It did work, but then suddenly stopped. Now even though 'Wait For Singer' box in the Rotation GUI is 'ticked/ check-marked,' that pop-up window that gives you the 3 options no longer appears and it no longer waits if a singer in rotation queue has no song in their song queue. Instead it cycles to the next singer with a song in their song queue (just as it behaved before when the 'Wait For Singer' box was not 'ticked/ check-marked.'

I thought reinstalling after a complete uninstall and registry wipe would bring it back, but it didn't.

Is this clear?

Thanks,

DFT
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

DFT

Try using the default reg. It will reset KP to its original state. Sometimes the karaoke gremlins seem to creep in and this default reg will clear them out. Let us know what happen after you reset KP.

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/si ... efault.reg
DannyGsKaraoke

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

I am not near my machine and can't remember if there's a do this for every instance box in that box. If there is then you have to remember not to check that box or it will treat every single instance after it in the same manner and not pop up the box which I happen to like.

Post by Guest »

DannyGsKaraoke wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:23 pm I am not near my machine and can't remember if there's a do this for every instance box in that box. If there is then you have to remember not to check that box or it will treat every single instance after it in the same manner and not pop up the box which I happen to like.
Thanks, Danny!

I suspect this is what I inadvertently did. I am now going to follow Hornet's 'reset' recommendation ... after I write down all my option settings so I can get back to where I want to be. :)

DF
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Guest wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:16 pm
DannyGsKaraoke wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:23 pm I am not near my machine and can't remember if there's a do this for every instance box in that box. If there is then you have to remember not to check that box or it will treat every single instance after it in the same manner and not pop up the box which I happen to like.
Thanks, Danny!

I suspect this is what I inadvertently did. I am now going to follow Hornet's 'reset' recommendation ... after I write down all my option settings so I can get back to where I want to be. :)

DF
You can save your current settings by going to the Rotation window and clicking on the Settings button. It's the gear icon on the bottom right of the screen. In the settings window click on the Tools drop down arrow on the bottom right and click on Save Settings. Give it a name and save it to somewhere you can easily find it like the desktop. To restore those settings repeat the process but when you click on the tools drop down select Load Settings and navigate to your saved file. Select it and SKP should be back to how you had it set up. Hope this helps.
DFT

Post by DFT »

Thanks everyone!

Undisputably a 'user bug.'

Don't know how it got checked, but there is a tick box on the 'KJ cont.' options page stating: Always skip singer if "Wait For Songs" is selected.

It was selected :oops:

DF