Cannot open siglos karaoke pro

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

KJ Bjarne

Cannot open siglos karaoke pro

Post by KJ Bjarne »

Hi

A friend of mine is also using siglos - he just bought the update, he is installing on an older laptop, but completly fresh rebootet win 10. When ever he is done installing, it starts with the promt "updating database" and an other promt shows seconds aften "cannot open song database" - only option is to press ok, and that shuts down the program. so no option at all to open siglos. We have tried reinstalling, deleting everything about karaoke, all folders like my karaoke and so on.

What do you suggest we do to make it running again?

He needs it up and running Friday evening (europe)

best regards

Bjarne
Paradigm Karaoke

Re: Cannot open siglos karaoke pro

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

ok, let's start here, because it could be many things causing the problem.
To use the Karaoke Pro's default script go to http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/si ... efault.reg and save the file. Double click on the file to run it. Running this script will reset KP to its default settings.
as opposed to just removing folders and files, this will reset the windows registry settings as well and make sure everything is as it needs to be for proper function of SKP.

please let us know if this fixes the issue.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I am sorry for the problem.

The registry script should help. If it does not, please run this one:

https://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/s ... lt_log.reg

It will enable logging, so please run the program, follow the actions leading to the problem, go to Documents -- you will find "sigloslog.txt" file there. Please email it to [email protected]
KJ Bjarne

Post by KJ Bjarne »

hmm strange

When I open the link, it just show black screen, and the message "cant open this type of sound files"

???

No download options
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Download should work now, sorry for that.
KJ Bjarne

Post by KJ Bjarne »

Sorry for your trouble - looks like it was the computer. My friend told me it was reset (he bought it used) but after trying 1000 times... I just reinstalled windows, and it worked fine after that.

KJ Bjarne