SKP 2.2.1.25 High CPU usage?

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

DFT

SKP 2.2.1.25 High CPU usage?

Post by DFT »

Hi ...

I'm not reporting this as a bug, because I am not sure it is. But after installing SKP 2.2.1.25 it seems like I am experiencing some very high CPU usage with spiking for about 3 or 4 minutes. It then seems to settle down.

By 'high CPU Usage' I mean over 50% of available CPU with spikes to 7O or 75% on top of other things running, leading to maxing out and hitting 100% with program music stuttering.

My PC is 2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 8GB RAM running Win 7 Pro x64 ... so I wouldn't expect any problem running SKP.

So, I'd like to ask if anyone else has had any similar issue with 2.2.1.25.

I also considered a wipe and reinstall, but I don't know how to save settings like my song and singer databases for reimport.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
adam

Re: SKP 2.2.1.25 High CPU usage?

Post by adam »

Did you try to disable Live Folders in Song Database dialog box?
DFT

Post by DFT »

By disable do you mean not to set Live to automatically check the live folder on start up? I think that is the last check box option on the bottom left of the window for live folders.

No, it is not set to automatically check and I didn't run it to check when I opened SKP.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Are you using Remote Queue? Creating remote interface cache may use a lot of resources during first couple of minutes.
DFT

Post by DFT »

Thank you for helping, Piotr ...

No. I am not using remote queue.

Do you think a clean reinstall instead of an upgrade install could resolve this?

I would be happy to do this if you think it would work and you could guide me in saving my program databases.

DF
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Just in case -- please open Remote Queue, go to settings there and disable Cache in Local Network.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

DFT

For me, I run SKP with the remote queue and I have the Cache in the Local Network enabled. Prior to starting SKP my CPU is showing 5% to 10%. When I start SKP the CPU usage jumps to 60%, but after a few minutes the CPU usage drops back down to 5% to 10%. So give it a bit once you start SKP and then check the CPU usage.