freedb

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

josephahern

freedb

Post by josephahern »

I have seen that the freedb.com server has discontinued. I am aware that Power is working on the problem. I recently redownloaded Power CD+G Burner 2 to see if a change had been made. The version I installed says that it is using dbpoweramp.com and it does indeed seem to work on many discs, not all. So far the ones that can't be identified, Windows Media Player is able to identify, but of course it doesn't rip cdg. I also will say that uninstalling and reinstalling the newest version on my other computer seems to not show any change.

Also, Siglos, and I imagine other software need the same makeover.

Since I am now able to get into the forum, I am memorializing this issue on the forum instead of bugging management
josephahern

Re: freedb

Post by josephahern »

An update. both my computers not are updated to 2.0.17. My Viva Mariachi Multi-Karaoke disc is recognized by WMP but not by CD+G Burner 2
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

For the time being we have switched to freedb.dbpoweramp.com server, but it does not support adding discs. We are working on better solution. As of Windows Media Player -- they are using a different source for track detection.
josephahern

Post by josephahern »

Thanks Piotr. I am still kind of left with the same question. If windows media player uses a service, why can't it to be added to our choices? There used to be three before, didn't there?

BTW I am fond of the name Piotr. My favorite Classical Music composer is Tchaikovsky and Piotr is the Russian way to say his first name. (of course the alphabet used for that looks a lot different from the characters I am used to.) :)