Adjusting Tempo of Imported lyrics with Time Info

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

sean

Adjusting Tempo of Imported lyrics with Time Info

Post by sean »

Hello,

I'm trying to add lyrics with time info from a kar. file to an existing sound track in Karaoke Creator Pro. The problem, is that the tempo of the kar. file doesn't match the tempo of the sound track. I would like to globaly slow the tempo of the Kar. file info, or, slow the lyric info down after converting the file to another ext. I tried turning the kar. file into a wav. with no volume, then slowed this file down using the Sound Tools program. This seamed to work, but I could not add the sound track I wanted in Creator pro to the wav file containing the lyrics with the time info.

Can anyone please help,
Thanks,
Sean
adam

Post by adam »

You can use Shift Labels command from Edit menu to move all labels at once.
However, slowing the tempo is not possible. You can do this in Karaoke Sound Tools using the method you have described. What kind of problem are you experiencing when importing the result into Karaoke CDG Creator?
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

If you are able to edit KAR file please try setting the tempo to rounded value. We use standard Windows functions for playing MIDI files, and they seem not to cope well with some tempo values. Alternatively you may try to use software MIDI to WAV converter like Timidity - http://timidity.sourceforge.net/ (free) or Virtual Sound Canvas - http://www.pgmusic.com/rolandvs.htm (not free).
sean

Post by sean »

Thanks for the reply, I still cannot get the slowed down lyric wav file from sound tools to go back into creator pro as imported lyrics, so I can add a sound track to it. I can only load it into creator pro as sound track wav file and cannot then add the sound track I want without losing the lyric file. If you know of a kar file editor that can globally slow the tempo and save the lyric timing info at that rate, I think I could then import the lyric with timing info into creator pro. If you have any ideas please let me know.

Thanks,
Sean
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Here are the steps you need to take:

1. Set the tempo in MIDI file.
2. Convert MIDI to WAV (in Karaoke CD+G Creator or external software)
3. Use 'Import lyrics from MIDI file' to import timed lyrics.

If this does not work properly please email us the MIDI file that is causing the problems.