Songs taking extra long time to load

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

PhilC

Songs taking extra long time to load

Post by PhilC »

Good afternoon,

I recently updated to ver 2.2.1.30. After the download, the songs are taking an extremely long time to load. It is very embarrassing having everyone watching the screen waiting for the songs to load. Any ideas and help will be greatly appreciated.
adam

Re: Songs taking extra long time to load

Post by adam »

Please disable "Live folders" in File -> Song Database -> Live Folders, and let me know if it helps.
iphilcj

Post by iphilcj »

Hi Adam,

That did work. Is Live Folder being eliminated? How can that feature be used in future? Will a future update address this?

Thanks
adam

Post by adam »

If Live Folders process running in background overloads your processor too much, you may run it manually using Run Now button in Live Folders dialog box when the program is not used for playing songs.
iphilcj

Post by iphilcj »

Thank you for your response. Before the update, I didn't have this problem. Did the changes in the update cause this overload of the processor? Will any other features of the product be impacted?

Thanks
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Are you using the remote interface? You may try disabling it if not, or disable cache in the remote interface settings.
iphilcj

Post by iphilcj »

I am not using the remote interface. How do I check to make sure its disabled? Is this ultimately a hardware issue or is it a software issue?

Thanks
JoshuaDaf

Post by JoshuaDaf »

Yes, I know first-hand how annoying it is. Its pretty painful to try to fix too since you have to wait 5 minutes each time you try to reproduce the bug. Im working on it.
Piotr
Admin

Re:

Post by Piotr »

JoshuaDaf wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:53 pm Yes, I know how annoying it is. Its pretty painful to try to fix too since you have to wait 5 minutes each time you try to reproduce the bug. Im working on it.
I believe we have fixed this already -- are you experiencing these problems with the latest version?