VST Support and MIDI Melody Track Available

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Tech-95

VST Support and MIDI Melody Track Available

Post by Tech-95 »

A few years ago, I had recommended enabling the channels of any MIDI file (KAR or ST3 Files) so that we can specifically find and mute the Melody track. However, this feature was never taken into consideration, I think. Of those two file types mentioned above and in addition to the KAR extension, I would love at least for the ST3 format to be supported in a future version of Siglos Karaoke. It would be great.

In addition, after 10 years, I have been able to learn a lot about many new technologies, including VST's, which seems to me that with the robustness of the Siglos Software and the engineers behind it, they could perfectly be able to develop their own VST native support or the possibility of importing other VST files or Sound Font Banks to give the MIDIs a better sound. Currently there are applications like VirtualMIDI that fulfill this function flawlessly and make any MIDI sound with amazing quality at the cost of average PC performance consumption; this of course... according to the size of Sound Font Bank file imported/loaded. I believe that there are many people who, because they are unaware of all these tools, underestimate the quality and capacity of a MIDI file can provide us. I think that Siglos Karaoke should work more on this topic.

A button to mute the melody track in MIDI (KAR or ST3) files should be a must. MIDI files don't have the melody in a specific track (although the most is located in the 1st or 4th track), then all the 16 or 32 channels or tracks should have a button to enable or disable one by one to get mute the correct track and so avoiding to mute another important instrument.

I hope this can be considered in a future feature.