Ver 2.0.70

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Phil c

Ver 2.0.70

Post by Phil c »

Hello,

I have skp version 2.0 .70. This version is over a year old period are more updates or newer versions planned anytime soon?

Thank you,

Phil
adam

Post by adam »

This version is not that old. It was released around November of 2017.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Sorry Adam, I beg to differ. I keep the last 15 or so versions of KP and according to the date in the properties for my version 2.0.70 it shows May 17, 2017. So it's coming up on one year.

Here is the proof that version 70 is that old. Paradigm Karaoke and I were trying to work out a problem with Dana48457 and I stated I was on version 70. Here is the post.
hornet59 wrote: PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:46 am

Dana, what version are you using? I would suggest you go back to a previous version that worked. Until Piotr or Adam can pinpoint and fix the problem you can't be taking a chance with your upcoming event. Although I have to say I'm not experiencing the same problem as you (knock on wood) and I'm using version 70.
The post is on this webpage:

about10720-315.html
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Totally agree with hornet. Paid for updates and we have seen little if any coming out. Why are you guys not keeping us informed that was all we asked.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Hi guys, this is Piotr here. It has been a while since I posted anything, I am sorry it ended up like this.

I know you have heard this before, but the new major upgrade is coming in May.

In addition to bugfixes It has a remote songlist feature, below are the screenshots of an actual client running on mobile phone. This can be also a tablet or a touch_screen computer. Once a song is selected, it is displayed for the KJ in the Remote Queue window (or can be added to the rotation immediately).

We need to finish the details, but this does look like the end of the tunnel and we will deliver in May.

hawke68

Post by hawke68 »

Great news!! will this allow them to see the list of songs they have already sung? (the list I see when I punch in their name). I look forward to putting this through its paces. Also is one of the bug fixes a fix for the non addition of the song length when I do an addition of songs to the database. I have to run validate songs afterwards in order to have the times for songs I have added.

(I think I just piddled..lol)
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

The user management will be added in the next iteration. There is a code each user enters, which acts like a password, so yes, they will be able to see what songs have they sung in the past.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

PIOTR!! Welcome back bud! We were getting worried about you, but we're glad to see you back in the saddle. I'm sure there will be a lot of people looking forward to your upgrade. Will the remote be using its own songlist? I hope it will so instead of having duplicates listed it will only show one version and the KJ can pick what version to play. I'm sure it's a work in progress and tweaking it little by little will make it the best on the market. Can't wait to try it out.

Again, welcome back!
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

At the moment it uses full song database, but it will be heavily configurable.

I am sorry for abandoning you for so long, it should not happen again :)
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr wrote:I am sorry for abandoning you for so long, it should not happen again :)
Don't worry about it buddy, looks like you're back to your old self and that is what matters!
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i'm getting excited for this, is it web based?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Paradigm, the server it is a part of Siglos and works in a local network (so both client and server need to be in the same network). The client works on any browser (phone, tablet or PC).
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr, will you be releasing your new version soon? Hope so because I'm getting excited again!
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Yes, it should be next week!
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr wrote:Yes, it should be next week!
Looking forward to your newest creation Piotr!