Ver 2.0.70

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

hawke68

Post by hawke68 »

I'm loving it. Couple things tho. These might be what Paradigm meant.
1. A match all search option for the text entry boxes.

2. When singers are added from the remote screen the new singer position is not adding following the position options set on the add singer dialogue. Could those options be added to the remote access settings?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Thank you for all suggestions, you are the best. It is amazing how things look different from user's point of view :)

The next build should be on Tuesday with new batch of changes.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Just a quick modification -- can you please check if the song/artist browsing works better now? It should match the beginning of any word.

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download//2 ... -setup.exe
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

yes sir, it works perfectly! 8)
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Works for me too. Piotr, I think correcting the search for any part of the title or artist is helping with the songs that did not list before. I'll keep checking to see if I can find any songs that don't list.

Piotr, when you use the Browse by Artist or Title or use the Search for Songs there are three icons on the top. Can these three icons be permanently displayed on the screen so it doesn't disappear when the singer scrolls down the list? If these three always remain on the screen the singer can access the home screen, delete previous letter arrow, or search at any time without having to scroll back to the top.
Paradigm Karaoke

ok, tried this one at a show (still working right now lol) and it is making the search on my end painfully slow, about 1/2 second per letter typed so i can watch it slowly type after i'm done, along with adding a singer or song. 4-5 seconds of thinking after i add a song before it finally adds.
the remote search however is fast and works great there.

rolled back to the stable .70 version and all is right again.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Same here. I didn't try adding songs or using KP because I was mostly busy trying different functions of the remote and looking for missing songs. The good news is I didn't find any missing songs, but the bad news is as Paradigm discovered KP is painfully slow when adding songs.

Piotr, I sent you the log.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:ok, tried this one at a show (still working right now lol) and it is making the search on my end painfully slow, about 1/2 second per letter typed so i can watch it slowly type after i'm done, along with adding a singer or song. 4-5 seconds of thinking after i add a song before it finally adds.

One thing I forgot to mention -- during the first 10 or so minutes after starting the show Siglos prepares the cache for searches. After that the searches should work really fast. There will be 'cache ready' indicator in the next build.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:ok, tried this one at a show (still working right now lol) and it is making the search on my end painfully slow, about 1/2 second per letter typed so i can watch it slowly type after i'm done, along with adding a singer or song. 4-5 seconds of thinking after i add a song before it finally adds.

One thing I forgot to mention -- during the first 10 or so minutes after starting the show Siglos prepares the cache for searches. After that the searches should work really fast. There will be 'cache ready' indicator in the next build.
The indicator will be a good addition. Maybe make a light turn from red to green when the cache is ready. I'm sure starting KP 10-15 mins before starting a show is no big deal for everybody. Thanks for the heads up Piotr.
Paradigm Karaoke

ok, that's good to know. i was at my VFW tonight so i can get away with trying out some of these new builds and having only a few people use the new system without issue.

will it remember the cache for the next time or is it every time building a new cache?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

At the moment it needs to fill the cache with each start, we will improve this in the next build.
Paradigm Karaoke

ok, thought i was doing something wrong, but it's still happening at home today.
i get a request from "Ali P",
click on it
click "request details"
click on "match singer"
search for her real name "Alison (Prevendar)"
click "select singer"
would i like to update singer's remote name and pin?, click "yes"
it shows "matched with singer: Alison (Prevendar)", click close
click the song
click "add selected"
it creates a new singer named "Ali P"
get another request and the singer is unmatched again.

am i doing something wrong?

*edit*
if i do not attempt to add the song, and just click on "request details", it shows as singer is not matched.

i tried a registry reset just in case with no luck
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Thanks Paradigm, we will look into it.
hawke68

Post by hawke68 »

A few suggestions from my guests for remote use (some mentioned before, some not):
- putting the singer log in first to facillitate singer specific usage (i.e. list history etc.)
-list history (I mentioned before) -with ability to select multiple songs from said
history at once.
-wish list of sorts..song request stays in
history even if not sung (for future
performance)
-key change (up/down 12 like in main interface)
- search by artist only/title only buttons
- recent song additions to database button
(the ability to hide or show any of the buttons (similar to the add/show onscreen keys)

a few basic program function requests of the top of my head fromh the host side of SKP
- a last date performed column in the manage singers dialog (like in quick singers) with the ability to select multiple singers for deletion etc. or perhaps a filter to show list of singers performances prior to a specific date again for deletion purposes.
-right click on singer or button to select a random song from the database for a selected singer in the rotation list.
-right click or button for selected singer to export their song history (showing artist, title and key fields) to excel file so it can be given to them to open on their respective device for viewing when they are elsewhere.
- now that remote funtionality is available prehaps the ablility for the host to remotely connect with some basic controls (i.e. play, next song etc.) for the main program.

long winded i know..but passing on what has been asked for from my guests and some stuff I thought would add even more functionality for the host to improve some of the guest enjoyment..sorry..lol
Paradigm Karaoke

hawke68 wrote: - putting the singer log in first to facillitate singer specific usage (i.e. list history etc.)
great idea, put in their name and number, if it matches someone in history, that history shows.
hawke68 wrote:-list history (I mentioned before) -with ability to select multiple songs from said history at once.
goes along with above and ave had people asking for this as well.
hawke68 wrote:-wish list of sorts..song request stays in history even if not sung (for future performance)
been wanting this for a long time, but i think it would be better if it was to be in a separate area instead of the history.
hawke68 wrote:-key change (up/down 12 like in main interface)
- search by artist only/title only buttons
buttons yes, just not checkboxes like SBDB uses.
hawke68 wrote:- recent song additions to database button

this is the most used button on my current system. singers love it. perhaps (like everything else about SKP) allow host to state how many days to keep in new additions list. i love the fact that everything is adjustable by me for my situations.
hawke68 wrote:(the ability to hide or show any of the buttons (similar to the add/show onscreen keys)
see my above statement, i think this is one of the best parts of SKP.
a few basic program function requests of the top of my head fromh the host side of SKP
hawke68 wrote:- a last date performed column in the manage singers dialog (like in quick singers) with the ability to select multiple singers for deletion etc. or perhaps a filter to show list of singers performances prior to a specific date again for deletion purposes.
this one is already part of the program. in "add singer" the second button down in the center is "edit singers..." in there you can sort by last date performed and pick a range (shift+click) and delete en mas as needed.
hawke68 wrote:-right click on singer or button to select a random song from the database for a selected singer in the rotation list.
big fan of the kamikaze idea.
hawke68 wrote:-right click or button for selected singer to export their song history (showing artist, title and key fields) to excel file so it can be given to them to open on their respective device for viewing when they are elsewhere.
this is also already in the program (though not as a right click). in "add singer" 4th button down in the center "export history". the search filter allows you to select your singer then export as .csv or .xml format.
hawke68 wrote:- now that remote funtionality is available prehaps the ablility for the host to remotely connect with some basic controls (i.e. play, next song etc.) for the main program.
yes, yes and yes. that would be amazing and one of a kind in the world of pro karaoke hosting software.
hawke68 wrote:long winded i know..but passing on what has been asked for from my guests and some stuff I thought would add even more functionality for the host to improve some of the guest enjoyment..sorry..lol
at least it isn't me this time with the only long winded list of ideas :lol:
i finally have company.