Transfer to a new computer

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

lobomike61

Transfer to a new computer

Post by lobomike61 »

I had five crashes during my karaoke show last Wednesday. It was after the Windows 8 update earlier that day so I downloaded and updated the Siglos program to a Windows 10 computer that I have. How do i transfer the song lists and singers list from the old computer? I copied the backups into the same pathway on the new computer but when I try to open from inside the program, It doesn't seem to update the singers and song lists. I have also downloaded several new songs i need the updated database to reflect the songs i have downloaded. Can someone tell me how to do this?
hornet59

Re: Transfer to a new computer

Post by hornet59 »

Follow this path to the file that you need

Double click This PC --> Documents --> My Karaoke

"This PC" on your Win 8 computer is "My Computer"

In the My Karaoke folder you will need to copy the siglos.db file from your old computer and paste it into the new computer.

I personally have saved several versions of the siglos.db file depending on where I am hosting the karaoke event. For instance, I have one siglos.db file for doing kids karaoke. This file does not have any swearing or lewd songs listed in the song listing.

What I start with is a saved siglos.db file of only the list of songs and no singers. This is my default siglos.db file. I will use this saved file for all new event or venue. After hosting a particular venue, I will save the siglos.db file in a folder with the venue's name. I'll do this for all the venues or occasions that I host. Now whenever I go back to host at a particular venue I'll copy and paste the saved siglos.db file into the My Karaoke folder. The file will have all of your singers and their songs from this venue.

If you follow my technique, don't forget to save and replace the siglos.db file into your saved folder at the end of the night. The biggest drawback to using this system is whenever you add a new song(s) you will have to load each siglos.db file, add the song(s), then save it into its folder.

Hope this information is useful.
lobomike61

Post by lobomike61 »

i did copy over the whole "my karaoke" file and put it in the documents file just like it was in the old computer. When i downloaded the power karaoke to my new computer it made me reload all the database from my song library. it was blank as far as singers and individual song lists. How do i get it to activate the siglos.db that I copied over?
adam

Post by adam »

Please make sure "Database file location" path in File -> Settings -> KJ cont. points to your siglos.db file.