I regret purchasing this

If you have used our software and found it useful this is the place to share your experiences with others.

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

DJSuperManny

I regret purchasing this

Post by DJSuperManny »

This has to be the most frustrating program I've had to use. It's not user friendly, the controls are arbitrary at best, and support is just as ridiculous. This was probably a great program in 1997 but for the price they ask for, what you get isn't worth it. If its the only option you have, then go for it, but between the crashing and the controls it's more frustration that its worth. I wish I wouldn't have been so quick to trust and give them the benefit of the doubt. I never would have purchased the pro version.
Paradigm Karaoke

Re: I regret purchasing this

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

have you sent a log of the crash to admin? they are active and respond quickly. i would not be relying on this software for my business if there was no help or it kept crashing. something is happening specific to your situation and they are more than willing to help, and they have helped us all in the past.
what issues are you having with the controls specifically?
DJSuperManny

Post by DJSuperManny »

The worst and most frustrating issue is it crashes when I try and apply a style. I've looked through the forum and it's an ongoing issue for years. People trying to get help but then he threads just ends. The fact that the is a reoccurring issue for a decade is disappointing in and of itself. Then there are the other issues I have with the controls and maneuverability. It's just clumsy and bulky. For the price we pay, I expect something much more streamlined and intuitive. Even the program karaoke-version.com uses to personalize lyrics is much more handy in many ways. I just hate having to pay $10 a song. I can't use the mouse scroll in the soundtrack panel, using the shift key and the mouse to adjust lyrics, it just feels it was written in the late 90's, but since there aren't a lot of options out there, we have to decide if going without is better or worse than going with. I paid so I'll use it till I can't anymore. But I'm never going to promote or suggest it.
adam

Post by adam »

What is a name of the program you refer to exactly?
DannyGsKaraoke

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

DJSuperManny wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:23 am The worst and most frustrating issue is it crashes when I try and apply a style. I've looked through the forum and it's an ongoing issue for years. People trying to get help but then he threads just ends. The fact that the is a reoccurring issue for a decade is disappointing in and of itself. Then there are the other issues I have with the controls and maneuverability. It's just clumsy and bulky. For the price we pay, I expect something much more streamlined and intuitive. Even the program [please do not post unlock codes].com uses to personalize lyrics is much more handy in many ways. I just hate having to pay $10 a song. I can't use the mouse scroll in the soundtrack panel, using the shift key and the mouse to adjust lyrics, it just feels it was written in the late 90's, but since there aren't a lot of options out there, we have to decide if going without is better or worse than going with. I paid so I'll use it till I can't anymore. But I'm never going to promote or suggest it.
I have been to shows using Karafun and I personally feel PowerKaraoke's program to be far more professional than Karafun. The only thing that it has going for it and I prefer to
Outright own the songs that I use than deal with possible songs being there one show and not there the next.
Fensom1

Post by Fensom1 »

I think it's really important to specify which specific software you are referring to in this testimonials section. From what I can gather from your posts, I am guessing you are talking about one of the cdg creator or Video creator software. I haven't actually had a good play around with them as I don't require custom cdg files at the moment. The little I did use it, it seemed to work fine. I use the Siglos Karaoke Professional software for my shows and it works great. It would be helpful to specify which particular software so people aren't unintentionally misled by not realizing which product you are referring to.