SKP CRASH IN MID SONG

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

KJ Bjarne

SKP CRASH IN MID SONG

Post by KJ Bjarne »

AARRGGHHH

Second time mid gig the program crashes mid song!!!!

Did it too with the update a few month ago

This is Absolutely not acceptable - been using this program for more than 10 years - and then this <b>shoot</b> happens

FIX IT PLEASE
adam

Re: SKP CRASH IN MID SONG

Post by adam »

Which version of the program do you have currently installed?
KJ Bjarne

Post by KJ Bjarne »

Hi again - some details now that I'm not in the middle of a gig ...

wednesday night I had a gig using the 2.3.6.9 version - everything works fine. End show i check for updates and I install 2.3.7.1

Thursday (yesterday) I sang 1 song as I use to do open then show - everything works fine. Then I put on the next song, and the program just shuts down mid-song. (embarrasing like hell). I had this problem once before - i'll descibe later - so first thing I do is open the program again, and close it again, promting check for updates, and it sayd that I was running 2.3.6.9 (and not 2.3.7.1 that I installed the day before) I then installed it again, and luckily it went smooth for the rest of the evening, except for one "program not responding" shutdown between songs - but that happens once in a while, and is easy fixed.

My thoughts one the confusion on updates is, that if SKP has a crash it restores it self to the previous settings of last proper close down like it always does, which was wedensday night, but that is just my guess.

The "total breakdown" happened 7. oktober - I don't know which update I was running, but it was maximum 2 month old at the time. I was singing the first song - everything was fine, and in the second song I had a crash (shut down - program just ended) again in the middle of a song. I suspected it to be the song file, so I tried again, and it worked fine. two songs later it happend again! And Im standing there with a full bar of singers!!! I had to do a full download on shitty bar-internet, and when I was done and started up againg - the problem seemed to be solved, however that was the update that fucked up all the non-roman letters, so half of my danish songs didn't couldn't be found in remote and couldn't be played / recognized by SKP!!! So again I had to interrupt the whole show to delete the whole song database and reimport them again to recognize the danish letters. All in all it took 20 minutes to fix the problem, and luckily it was my self hosting that night, because my employees wouldn't have had a clue on how to fix it.

So - I've been using SKP for 12 years now, and I absolutely love the program, but you got to make sure it dosn't in the middle of a song again and again - because then Karafun it the only other option for me - and I would really hate that.

I dont know if I had the log turned on - but I can check later

adam

Post by adam »

As I understand 2.3.7.1 runs correctly, and you do not experience the problems described previously. Should the problems reappear, please let me know. If it happens, you will be requested to send a log file for the program.
KJ Bjarne

Post by KJ Bjarne »

Unfortunatly it did happen again this saturday - 2 times mid song. I have send you the log just now
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I think the culprit is Live folders, which works in the background and check the database against the actual files on the hard drive. I am not sure why it crashed, probably the file on the disc got corrupted, however it still should not do it. I am very sorry for the issue.

To disable Live folders go to Song Database / Live folders and disable all checkboxes there.
Mroctober

Post by Mroctober »

Just my two cents.. Ive also had two crashes in the past few weeks. both crashes were = I lost all video my PC screen, and both Monitors TV's but the weird thing is I still had sound, luckily the singers this happend to knew the songs well enough to finish them. I had to reboot by Cntl Alt & delete as I couldnt see the screen to power down. once rebooted the two shows went on as normal. the last incident I got a message that said something about siglos program Runtime being expired. if it happens again Ill send a log file.
hope maybe if this has happened to anyone else they are not alone. just mentioning this incase it helps in any way.
Mroctober

Post by Mroctober »

update : been playing the program at home and its crashed multiple times today. 12/24/21
Siglos Karaoke pro ill try to attatch a few logs from today. guess i cant attatch here ill email the logs
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Please try disabling 'Live folders' as described above -- the log shows that it is to blame.

The issue is when background check encounters corrupted file. We will fix this ASAP.
Mroctober

Post by Mroctober »

okie dokie thanks everytime i uncheck everything in the live folders i open it back up and theyer all checked again no problem i know you guys will fix it thanks again