Long delay in search and loading songs

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Dana48457

Long delay in search and loading songs

Post by Dana48457 »

On my gig computer when I load the program it loads and opens pretty fast and I can't complain about that at all but once loaded with no other programs running while running the show for approx the 1st hour it takes forever to type in a song to find, one letter at a time even before it gets to the 6th letter where I have set at to search. once it starts to search it takes 10-15 seconds to find the songs to pick from. when I hit load and close it takes another 15 or so sec for the program to load the song for the singer to sing. it is like something is running in the background and showing the program down. after approx the 1st hour then it starts to run like it should with very minimal delays.

I know the 1st thing we think of is that the computer is running something or updating something but the task manager shows that all most all of the usage is coming from the Siglos Pro Power Karaoke program. I have turned off every program that I can find that starts at startup and turned off all
Windows updates, and the internet trying to find out what is causing this. but nothing helped other than getting to my shows over an hour early and starting up the program and letting it sit while I do other things. Could it be the database loading and updating? if so is there a way to turn it off and just update it manually at home once a week.

Any input or help would be appreciated.
Piotr
Admin

Re: Long delay in search and loading songs

Post by Piotr »

Please try this:

1. Disable Live folders in Songs Database / Live folders
2. Disable query cache in Remote Queue settings

We are very close to a new release that will deal with 2., but for now it is the thing you may try.

Re: Long delay in search and loading songs

Post by Guest »

Looks like this did the trick. I'll find out later this week at my next gig.