Validate songs

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Dana48457

Validate songs

Post by Dana48457 »

I have a question about song validation. When you run it does it delete songs that or not in the database or does it add them to the database? Also for songs that are listed in the database but not found does it delete them or what happens? I have never used it before and was wanting to totally understand it before running it. Thank you.
Piotr
Admin

Re: Validate songs

Post by Piotr »

Validate songs goes through the songs in the database and if files are missing from the disc it prompts to remove songs from the database, locate it in a different folder or do nothing.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

What about songs that it fines that are not in the database does it delete them does it find them in a new folder what happens to those songs?
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

validate only looks at what is in the database, songs not loaded into it will not be affected
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

Piotr wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:41 am Validate songs goes through the songs in the database and if files are missing from the disc it prompts to remove songs from the database, locate it in a different folder or do nothing.
I thought it only tried to find them on another drive with the same location path. Has it been updated to find the new file?
adam

Post by adam »

If it is a drive letter that has changed, you may specify a new drive letter for the device songs are stored on when a missing file is detected.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

adam wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:59 am If it is a drive letter that has changed, you may specify a new drive letter for the device songs are stored on when a missing file is detected.
I was just wondering if they added a Locate button like they did on the edit song screen. That would be a nice addition if possible.