Merging singers and remote queue

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

B-Side

Merging singers and remote queue

Post by B-Side »

I found the problem with one of my previously deleted posts cause I thought it was just something I was doing wrong.

I have a few singers that when they sign up with their proper name and secret code, no matter what I try on my end, every new session they're treated as a new singer that has no history. I'll match the singer in the beginning, and it will find them for each song after. However even after finding them, if they pick a song they've already sang, the request screen will try to pick a different version than the one already on their history.

What I found is that I've merged this singer with themselves from before they used remote queue or if they accidentally add a space after their name when signing up and I don't catch it. Either way, they're a previously merged singer and that's what's causing the issue.

Hopefully this can be fixed so I don't have to keep fixing it each show.

Thanks!
Fensom1

Re: Merging singers and remote queue

Post by Fensom1 »

I absolutely love that users can submit straight to Siglos through connectkaraoke.com, but I'm not a fan of the interface or the user management.

I am currently working on a React-Native app to have my own user interface and user management. The app user registration process validates their mobile phone number and uses the last 9 digits as their pin. I've worked out submitting songs but haven't yet worked out how to get singer history etc.

Code: Select all

const pin = realusersession.mobile.slice(-9);
    const senddata = `https://connectkaraoke.com/proxy/${proxy}/addsong.htm?songid=${
      route.params.siglosID
    }&keychange=${keyChange}&PIN=${pin}&userid=${pin}&SingerName=${
      realusersession.firstname + ' ' + realusersession.lastname
    }`;
    console.log(senddata);
    Snackbar.show({
      text: 'Submitting Song',
      duration: Snackbar.LENGTH_INDEFINITE,
    });
    try {
      const submissionResult = await axios.post(senddata);
      console.log(submissionResult);
    } catch (err) {
      console.error(err.message);
      Alert.alert(
        'Error Submitting song',
        'There was either a network error or the requests are closed',
      );
    }
    Snackbar.dismiss();
    navigation.navigate('songs');
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I am sorry, but the API is not documented. Plus we are reworking it currently, so we will see how it comes out, I hope it will allow for 3rd party integration.
Fensom1

Post by Fensom1 »

Yes, 3rd party integration would be awesome a simple graphql or REST api be great. Just returning JSON data from the api would allow programmers to add different app request features and open up more Siglos users. Siglos could also have their official app/web interface but using a graphql endpoint would open up many possibilities.