Remote Queue Settings

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

hornet59

Remote Queue Settings

Post by hornet59 »

Quick question, in my remote queue settings I noticed that whenever I change my wifi connections (i.e. home wifi to karaoke wifi) the local server network and the client URL are not the same. This is when no one can connect to my remote queue. Is the client URL supposed to mirror the local server network. If that is so, how can I clear the client URL? Or am I doing something wrong?
Piotr
Admin

Re: Remote Queue Settings

Post by Piotr »

My guess is that the IP number assigned to your computer is different on different networks. If the IP changes, then the server URL also will change.

The best solution to this would be to use Connect Karaoke, where the URL for the customers does not change (you get https security as an additional benefit).
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Thanks Piotr, the problem is sometimes I don't have any internet connection. Is there a way to clear the client URL in SKP's remote queue setting? If I can clear the client URL then everything should work as advertised. Can this be set to automatically clear every time SKP is launched? Maybe have a drop down menu in the remote queue settings to allow the KJ to set it up to clear automatically or manually.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I am not sure if I understand what you mean by 'clear'?
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

What I mean is when I start SKP, can the client URL in the remote queue settings be reset to accept whatever wifi the laptop is connected to? I think for the remote to work with any wifi, the client URL must be the same as the local server network, is that correct?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I got it finally. The next update will have this fixed.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Thank you Piotr!! I will be anxiously waiting for the update and I can't wait to try it out
cdakaraoke

Post by cdakaraoke »

I have always used a router that does repeater services. My laptop network ip address stays the same that way. Currently using one that has open wrt firmware installed and I have a profile saved for each venue to connect to their internet. It gets a little technical but you can google how to do this. I have has this since before the days of skp handeling the remote cue requests. it also handles connections from other wifi devices like my software controlled mixer.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

You may try this one:

https://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/2 ... -setup.exe

And please let me know if it works.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

v2.4.2.1 works great, thanks for your hard work Piotr!!!

I tried it with three different routers and SKP was able to update to all three routers.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Great, thanks for posting back!