Can't access the KJ screen when I toggled to Basic Mode

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

assassin32

Can't access the KJ screen when I toggled to Basic Mode

Post by assassin32 »

In an attempt to check out the Basic Mode of operation, I attempted to go back to Professional Mode. Due to seemingly a font error in the Settings>Display screen, I am stuck. If I click on the Font box in the MIDI section, I get an error: Enter a number between 1 and 1000.

I am hoping to avoid reverting to the default values. If I select that, will it apply to all of my settings, or just those in the Settings>Display screen?

My ability to remotely access songs from a phone is gone, obviously, since i am stuck in basic mode.

I want to return to Professional Mode, and pretend I never wanted to see basic mode.
Paradigm Karaoke

Re: Can't access the KJ screen when I toggled to Basic Mode

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

what happens when you input a number into that box?
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

it is a 3 dot radio button. When i click on it, I get the error described above. The value visible next to the button is Font: ...\90,90,90,90,90,90,90,90,90

I have to Cancel out of the Settings>Dislpay screen, and I am unable to access any of the other settings (Recording, CD Settings, General, Skins, KJ, KJ adv) without triggering the error. I am assuming that I can use the Tools button, and revert to default settings, but I am gun shy now. lol
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

So much for being gun shy. I did use the revert option. had to go back through all of the Settings sub-menus and reset m preferences. not a big deal, but at least I am back in business.

I got smart and saves my settings. Maybe an issue if you don't save them, and switch to Basic, settings may get wonky.

Maybe autosave the settings (SiglosSettings.zip) if no other SiglosSettings zip files are present in the saved directory locally?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Sorry to hear that... I will see what is broken with MIDI font.

And backing up settings is a good idea, they are also saved in the database, but with no easy way to go back to them (I need my special tools to do that).
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

Thanks Piotr. I'm always finding a way to break things. I attract bugs. lol. Not sure if my log files may help.

i have some ideas about some expanded feature functionality, just need to think through it.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Yes, if you have a log file with your settings before the problem occurred, I might be able to reproduce it and fix eventually.