Playing YT links from the database

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

assassin32

Playing YT links from the database

Post by assassin32 »

Since upgrading to 2.4.2.4, I seem to be having issues get YouTube links to playback. If I try to use such a value/record from the Add Singer/Song screen, I will see the song added to the Playlist, and the value is present in the Player display but it never plays. I expect a lag for it to grab the video link and send it back to use, but it never plays. If I used the Quick Play option from the Song Database screen, nothing happens.

Please see if you can recreate the issue.
assassin32

Re: Playing YT links from the database

Post by assassin32 »

I think I found my root cause. I modified the YT value in the Disc field, as I was already using that YT value designation to help me ID and sort my MP4s, which I could have just done by using the Format column, just not as easily or conveniently. I restored those YT values, and those tracks are now playable using Quick play.

Strange thing is that I have some older records (tracks), that have the modified value, and they do indeed still work. I am in the middle of changing those to normalize my data. A bit of a pain to fix one record at a time, but luckily, it's not a lot.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

You should be able to edit them in batch -- just filter them out in Songs database, select all and then edit the Disc field for all of them.
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

that was my initial approach. too easy. i batch add the YT value to the Disc designation on ones I've downloaded, as it nulls the Disc field when a file is downloaded., and the Format is MP4.

i never really had this kind of behavior until recently.

I'll continue to hack away
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

You may send me your database and give some pointers on which songs are affected, I should be able to fix it easily with my magic tools.
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

cool. i'll set up a few "examples" to capture, and forward the db, and logs for the hell of it, while I'm at it.
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

Since upgrading (I went from 2.4.2.4) to 2.4.2.10, my YT database records will not play, using either Quick play or from Add Singer/Song.... I have also tried to utilize that feature from the player drop down menu Tools > Play from YouTube...

Up until yesterday, I had a about a 20% success rate. Today, I cant get any of those records/links I was able to launch, to launch.

I can send my logs and my database, unlike the last time we went through this. lol

EDIT: I enable logging, restarted the program (Per the usual procedure), and now everything seems to work.
Really strange, I wish I knew what I was doing, as it would not work at all, then start to work.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

It may be an issue with YouTube. What we are doing in the software is getting the direct link to the playback stream using separate software and then play the stream in Siglos. If Google/YouTube changes anything, the program we use to get the stream might fail. But from what I see no other issues have been reported, so I hope it was temporary.
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

Behavior is back. Both of the Internet and Local Network indicators are green in the Remote Queue window.

Quick play, and Add Singer/Song are non-responsive/Cannot load those links.

Play from YouTube did work as I pulled a random vid from that window.

Still at a loss for what is the root cause. Are my expectations too great? just doesn't seem to consistently work, if at all.

I will continue to bang away.

EDIT 2:

Now everything is working as it should. Anecdotally, the only things I can 'see', are that mybe the program needs to set for 10-15 minutes or so after launch, or a restart. It appears after I get one link rolling, they all seem to fall into place. Am I impatient? I dunno...probably.
Last edited by assassin32 on Fri May 05, 2023 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Can you send me your log? There might be something that helps there.
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

Piotr wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:00 pm Can you send me your log? There might be something that helps there.
On it...sending in a bit

EDIT: Log sent
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

OK, new version has some changes in the subject, so please give it a try.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

And one more update, this one might work even better.