Sort by Playing Time

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

B-Side

Sort by Playing Time

Post by B-Side »

Not sure if this is an actual bug or just a feature request, but I'd like to be able to sort by playing time in the Song Database screen to see if there are any corrupt zips that would have a play time of 0, or to check if maybe 1 track is much shorter than another version and check why. Thanks!
Last edited by B-Side on Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Karaoke

Re: Sort by Playing Time

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i would like to see this feature also in the add singer dialog. it would be nice to be able to pick someones song (when they say "just pick something") to fit the time we need.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

Also on the subject of Playing Time... 2 parts to this.

Some songs I have removed a long silence from the end that was there due to a ripping issue or that's just how the manu made the song on the disc. I can't update the time on the zip cause it asks to play the song in karaoke mode. To bypass this, I extract the zip, change the location of the file in the database to the mp3 then press update and that works. Still would like a better option for this, but I guess that's a feature request.

Part 1: When I change the location back to the zip, if I press update it will revert to the original time.
Part 2: Even if I ignore part 1, when I play the song, the Player still shows the original time (see image)
Database time discrepency.jpg
Database time discrepency.jpg (151.2 KiB) Viewed 1703 times
This is ignoring part 1 of the bug and just pressing quick play on the file I've already removed about 3 minutes of silence on.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I will add this in the next release. Also scanning ZIPs for silence is already fixed and will also be included.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

Piotr wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:20 am I will add this in the next release. Also scanning ZIPs for silence is already fixed and will also be included.
This is less scanning them for silence as I want to update the playing time for them after I edit the mp3 removing excessive silence so the software doesn't think a 3:45 song is a 6:38 song.