On / Off or a Pause switch for the Filler Music

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

AbsoluteDJ

On / Off or a Pause switch for the Filler Music

Post by AbsoluteDJ »

Is it possible to put a add a tick box by the randomize and loop buttons to toggle on and off the filler music? I know if you clear it out it will stop the playback but then you need to add it again. The usage would be if you needed to pause the show for a moment to run a contest or to make some announcements. Ect,
Paradigm Karaoke

Re: On / Off or a Pause switch for the Filler Music

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

is there a reason the pause button on the player will not work for this in your scenario?
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:14 am is there a reason the pause button on the player will not work for this in your scenario?
I would imagine they would need to pause each filler song in between singers instead of just having the filler music not play. There's a checkbox setting in General that says "pause between songs", but I'm not sure what its purpose is. It doesn't seem to do anything different
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I will add this to the list, thanks for the suggestion.
AbsoluteDJ

Post by AbsoluteDJ »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:14 am is there a reason the pause button on the player will not work for this in your scenario?
So yes that works but then you have to hit play again (on the fill in music) and then go to next to start the next karaoke song. This isn't always smooth. I use Virtual DJ to occasional play a mini dance set before going back to karaoke. This way when the DJ music finishes all we'd have to do is hit Start on Siglos. Does this make sense?
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

AbsoluteDJ wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:37 pm
So yes that works but then you have to hit play again (on the fill in music) and then go to next to start the next karaoke song. This isn't always smooth. I use Virtual DJ to occasional play a mini dance set before going back to karaoke. This way when the DJ music finishes all we'd have to do is hit Start on Siglos. Does this make sense?
I similarly still use winamp for my background music 1 because SKP doesn't support M3u files, and so I can fade in/out lot smoother than SKP currently does. Plus if Siglos crashes, I still have music running so it's not as noticeable.