CDG Creator Lyric Display

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

DJBattlestations

CDG Creator Lyric Display

Post by DJBattlestations »

Pre-buy question: In CDG Creator, can 2 to 4 lines of lyrics be synced/ displayed at proper time, for proper time length, without doing the normal karaoke color change as words are sung?
Question Background: In the past, I wrote and recorded close to 200 songs as musician/ vocalist. I no longer play in a band but would like to perform these songs solo in small venues, karaoke style, using my vocal-less mixdowns with words on screen of which I can glance at while singing. Trying to avoid the word by word syncing process by just using 2 to 4 lines displayed at the time for myself, as these songs would never be performed by anyone else.
Piotr
Admin

Re: CDG Creator Lyric Display

Post by Piotr »

The easiest way to achieve this would be to set Text event with matching regular and highlighted colors. You would still have to set sync for these words, but they do not need to be accurate, as will not be shown.
DJBattlestations

Thank you so much. I knew I'd better give the background on why I was asking. Otherwise, I'm sure you would've wondered why in the world anyone would want to not use one of the main things in building karaoke. I've also stumbled across another niche for using this in the way I described. There seems to be quite a few very small Churches using Karaoke disks for Praise & Worship. I've just purchased CDG Burner2 and am evaluating much of the other software. I'm very impressed with the vocal remover in the Tools software. I wish that it was integrated into Builder instead of the remover that currently is in it, which is certainly not as impressive.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Thank you for kind words. New versions of Creator products are coming in a month or two with new vocal remover integrated and few other impressive things.
DJBattlestations

That's exciting news to look forward to. Since the time is short before the updates. I'm going ahead and bringing up something else here. Sorry for the length.

Subject: Siglos player searches. Maybe this is a limitation of the trial or likely I don't know what I'm doing yet, but this borders on a deal breaker for me. Example: I loaded my karaoke data base into Siglos. Example search: Rolling Stones. Instead of giving me a list of all Rolling Stones songs, Siglos scrolls through the 1000s of all songs and stops to highlight the first Stone's song it encounters. One has to continue scrolling through all the data base to see the other RS songs. Shouldn't I be seeing only Rolling Stones songs? It did this with every artist search I tried. Instead of giving me all songs by that artist, it gave me the first one on the list. Am I doing something wrong?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Is this the professional version we are talking about? Which window are you using to search?

In general you can search the database in Song Database and in Add Singer, and both of these windows do filtering search as expected.
DJBattlestations

Thanks, I will report back.
DJBattlestations

I am using the trial version, not Pro. I was not using the latest release. I am up to date now. Siglos search does very well now, though it does freeze up often on my Window 10 desktop. I had not encountered a player that did not have a search box ON the main screen to look up the next desired song or to see if a song was in the data base. Got the Siglos trial to check CD+G disks. I am not a KJ/DJ, and we use Karafun to practice at home. Again, thank you very much. I'm impressed.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Playlist in Siglos Player/Recorder is just a playlist, it is not a database. It is not optimized for large volume of files. And with Siglos Professional comes a database that can hold tens of thousands of songs and search them in no time.
DJBattlestations

Now, I've encountered another problem. While using the Power CDG Burner2 Trial, I successfully burned a test CD+G disk, which played in the Siglos Player Trial (though about 4 updates behind). The player also played a CD+G burned in a different program. Now I have purchased the Burner2 and am up-to-date on the Siglos Trial so that playlist problem I had was corrected.

PROBLEM: I have burned a full CD+G disk with my authorized Power CD+G Burner2, which appears to be successful as I can see the normal cda files and they will play on any audio player, but cannot get the Siglos Trial to do anything. When the Siglos player opens (with player, display screen and playlist box, it will not allow me to click on anything, toolbars, buttons, settings, etc, as the little spinning circle keeps spinning and spinning. If I click again, the box pops up saying the player is not responding with option to close or wait for program to respond. If I wait, it never responds, so I close it. I've tried running as administrator, restarting computer, but nothing works differently. Windows 10
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I am not sure what might be the reason. Please do this:

Install the latest (unofficial) version of Siglos:

https://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/2 ... -setup.exe

(or, if you were using Siglos Professional, this one: https://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/2 ... -setup.exe )

If it still does not work, please use this script to reset the settings to default values:

https://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/s ... efault.reg

(or, again, for Pro: https://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/s ... efault.reg )

Please post back if this helps.
DJBattlestations

Reinstall didn't help. Script did work. My first 16 song CDG disk works!!!!. I assume that the time limit is 70 mins as usual, but how do I know when the 700mb file size is reached? The graphics files would cut down the number of mp3 files somewhat. Is there any indication of when the maximum number of songs is reached other than the time?
Is there any warning that you've exceeded disk capacity?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

The limit is 74 minutes and yes, there is a message if you put too many songs on the list.
DJBattlestations

Thanks. I had created a burn list (for sorting purposes) that had 23 cdgs from zip files on it and it never warned me.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

It would once you tried to burn the CD.