SKP 2.4.2.10

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

B-Side

SKP 2.4.2.10

Post by B-Side »

Lyrics advance doesn't seem to be responding anymore on the Audio Panel or Display Settings. Tested on CD+G tracks.
Piotr
Admin

Re: SKP 2.4.2.10

Post by Piotr »

Confirmed. And will be fixed in the next release.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Is anyone experiencing jerky wipes for the karaoke words? I was experiencing the jerkiness so I played with some of the settings and I found that changing the settings\display\display\quality and changing the quality number from the default 50 to 30 helped. This change fixed the jerkiness, but I am not positive that this is the correct permanent change. I know installing an update will switch this back to 50 so I have to remind myself to change it back to 30. I tried reinstalling version .5 because it wasn't a problem back then, but I was still experiencing the jerky wipes. I'm not sure if this was caused by a windows update.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Hornet, this is probably the performance issue -- what are your computer specs? Did you try to disable smooth sweeps and see if that changes anything?

There are two ways of approaching this -- you may lower the resolution for CD+G or lower the frame rate (this is what you are doing now). I would suggest doing the first thing. Also what are you using as background for CD+G? Video or images?
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

Hornet, if I'm not mistaken, the previous default was 25 fps. 50fps is the new default that was changed with the update to make the graphics look nicer on machines that could handle it.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

Unconfirmed bug on one of my systems. Singer requests the song be restarted or changed, KJ presses restart, Siglos crashes. Laptop has to be rebooted to reopen Siglos. Not sure if there's a log being generated, but I'll walk him through obtaining one if he can recreate the problem.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I will put Restart under testing, but in the meantime you may try this build:

https://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/2 ... -setup.exe
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

Lyrics advance looks like it was fixed. Unsure if I like the sharpen option, I'll test it at my show tonight and see how customers react.

I used a Karaoke-Version track and found it to be really grainy. So then I tested an SC track, but if I wasn't paying attention, I don't think I would notice the difference.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

Couple things I notice on the work laptop using 2.4.3.3

I'm assuming this one might be intentional (possibly a new method?). Using the lyrics advance causes the music to skip when changing it during a track.

Using Slideshow or Gradient makes the graphics run extremely on my laptop. I've lowered the resolution and the quality to 10 and it's still laggy. In comparison, I can run Max (4:3) resolution at 35fps with all the extra features turned on and it runs flawlessly.

"'Go To Next' starts the song" isn't working as intended.

Smart Resolution increase is doing this again:
20230502_213026.jpg
20230502_213026.jpg (92.93 KiB) Viewed 16716 times
20230502_215520.jpg
20230502_215520.jpg (72.05 KiB) Viewed 16712 times

I will say that sharpen looks much better on these TVs than my home monitor.
Last edited by B-Side on Tue May 02, 2023 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

Piotr wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:22 pm I will put Restart under testing, but in the meantime you may try this build:

https://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/2 ... -setup.exe
Ran into the restart issue on my system right now. I restarted the song just as it was starting cause the person changed their mind right when I pressed start. This is also on 2.4.3.3. Although now that the log is enabled, I can't replicate it.

To add to my previous post, lyric advance looks like it's also causing the lyrics to bug out even in solid color mode, could be related?

Update: It was only the one song, not sure what was causing this issue. I'm gonna try to play the song again after my show to see if it was Siglos fighting with the style of graphics.
Update 2: Used another song of the same brand and it didn't lag. Definitely unsure of what happened.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I did some tweaking in Restart, will have a new build tomorrow. As of the problems with lyrics display -- can you please send me one of the CD+Gs that does that? Also your settings (or log, as settings are saved there) will be helpful.

I am sorry for the issue.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

I sent the e-mail, do you have a new version for testing yet?
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

on version .3 i am having bad crashing issues, and the background slideshow has a glitch where it gets ready to go to the next slide and goes grayscale for a half second. really strange.
when i =t does work, the sharpen looks amazing
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I am afraid you will have to wait for a new version till Monday, I will not be able to get it out today. So if you have a show coming please revert to a good old version.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

I just noticed in version .3 that in the settings and selecting display on the left column in the Background there are choices of:
1. Solid Color
2. Gradient
3. Slide Show
4. Video
5. Camera
6. Music Visualization

Are these selections to change the background of the karaoke words? I'm not sure if anyone else has played with it but only the solid color will display the words. Selecting anything else and the screen just shows what is selected. The words disappears and when I select the solid background the words are displayed again, but not the color I selected as a solid background. If I select gradient, the screen will be the gradient color I selected, but the words will not be displayed. If I select camera, the camera will turn on and display whatever it is pointed to, but again the words will disappear.